X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Neil
    • Sep 2000

Wirings Subs

I am wiring up a dual 12" Shiva dual voice coilin the sonutube form. Do I wire + and - of each voicecoil to a dual binding post with jumpers to get 4 Ohms??? Also is each speaker powered off a channel of a stereo amp??? Thanks A
  • Mike Temple
    • Sep 2000

Neil,

wire like this to get 4 ohm load:

______________ + _____ +

|Speaker

______________ - _____ -

That is, wire the positive from the amp to the first voice coil positive to the second voice coil positive. Then wire from the amp to the first voice coil negative to the second voice coil negative. This is parallel wiring and will let the amp "see" a 4 ohm load.

Hope I have this right, it's been a while.
    If you don't have any books on speaker design, pick one up, or at least go to Radio Shack and pick up a copy of the DIY Speaker book just to use for reference to the basics. I'm sure others will recommend some other sites or books to read

Good luck
    Hope you understand the picture, it doesn't come out quite right after posting.

Each woofer can then be put on a single side of a stereo amplifier.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"