X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patrick Sun
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2000

Sunosub I gets some new wheels.

Based on the favorable feedback on roller casters on sonosubs, I decided to put them on my present Sunosub I.

Photo 0 : This is a shot of the former legs on Sunosub I.

Photo 1 : Here's some 6" beefy table legs and the roller casters (plus some paint for my current Sunosub project).

Photo 2 : I used a saw to cut about 2" off the table leg so that I will end up with 6" of clearance between the floor and the bottom endcap..

Photo 3 : After some elbow grease, I finally saw off the bottom 2" of the table leg.

Photo 4 : To fit the roller caster into the table leg, I had to drill out a hole which would provide a snug fit with the roller caster's stem. This required just drilling in successively larger holes until you get the width/depth you need.

Photo 5 : Here's the roller caster installed into the newly drilled hole of the table leg.

Photo 6 : After more elbow grease, I finish all 3 table legs with the roller casters installed.

Photo 7 : This is a close-up of how the table leg/roller caster combo looks when installed on an angled leg mount.

Photo 8 : And this is a final look of the new table leg/roller caster combo installed. I will paint them when I get some time and paint.

I like having these roller casters on my Sunosub I, it really makes moving it around a lot easier without worrying about breaking off one of the legs if I'm not careful moving it. I will be doing the same for my other 2 Sunosubs. It's a little work, but worth it.

I got the beefy legs ($1.61 each) and the roller casters ($2.97 each) at Home Depot.

PatCave; HT Pix;Gear;DIY Projects;DVDs; LDs
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

good idea pat. I didn't realize that been able to move the sub would be that much of a challenge unitl I built the big tube. Actually though with the bottom endcap on it slides around on the carpet very easily so I don't need casters on this one...good idea though

Comment

• Patrick Sun
      Super Senior Member
      • Aug 2000

September 20, 2000.

I finally got around to picking up some hunter green glossy spray paint and painted my new legs with the roller casters.

Photo 9 : Here's the unpainted sawed off legs with their screws screwed into a USPS priority cardboard mailer.

Photo 10 : The spray painting begins.

Photo 11 : The spray painting (after 2 coats) is finished.

Photo 12 : Here's a shot of the 3 painted legs and their roller casters. I applied a coat of clear coat to protect/seal the paint.

Photo 13 : Painted legs and roller casters assembled.

Photo 14 : Attaching the legs to the Sunosub.

Photo 15 : Close-up of the legs and roller casters.

Photo 16 : Final look at Sunosub I.

That's it, I'm finished with Sunosub I.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"