X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mml7
    • Jun 2002

RSP1066 and Samsung STB Audio problems

Hi,

I have a Samsung HDTV Set top box (SIR-T150) connected to my 1066 via a Coax cable and noticed the other day that the Samsung has two Audio output options: PCM and AC-3.

I have been using the the PCM option for a few months now without any problems. In this set up, the 1066 doesn't need to "re-acquire" the digital stream when I change channels on the STB.

The other day, I noticed during ABC's Hi-Def presentation of Gladiator that the sound wasn't nearly as enveloping as the DTS track on the DVD. On a lark, I switched the Audio output on the Samsung from PCM to AC-3 and found out that the sound improved noticeably. (the DD logo on the Rotel lights up under this config). The problem is, however, every time I change channels on the STB, the 1066 has to re-acquire the signal, and in the process sends an awful pop to all my speakers.

So my question is this: Is this normal behavior for the 1066 and AC-3 signals? Or is it a problem with the 1066 or the Samsung? With Coax connections? (I have not yet tried to see if this occurs on the optical connection (yet).

tia!

Mike
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Which firmware are you running? (press and hold Mute till the firmware # comes up)

This is often an issue with STB's but I thought Rotel tweaked the speed of the 1066 for digital signals with later firmwares.

Comment

• mml7
      • Jun 2002

Hi Andrew,

I was running 1.46 when I noticed it but the popping is still there even after I upgraded to 1.47.

Mike

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"