X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob
    • Jul 2000

help with efficient speakers

Last year I built a Eurokit 2000 turntable, a pair of Welborne Labs Moondog SET monoblocks, and plan on building a pre-amp from a company called Wright to go with them. Now the question is who can give me some web sites for plans on efficient speakers? Most speakers that are efficient enough for SET amps have no bass but, I can remedy that with a powered subs or a speaker design that incorporates a powered sub. How about horns, anybody run across plans for horn speakers? No Lowthers designs, please.
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Hi Bob

Sorry I don't have any suggestions, but you'll probably get an answer here.

theAudioWorx
    Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• DanWiggins
      • Sep 2000

Bob,

We're finishing up a design that might meet your needs: 96 dB @ 1W, 1m. 150W RMS power handling. In a 25L box tuned to 55 Hz, has an F3 of 60 Hz, with a low Q cutoff.

It's a 10" coax unit, with a center horn (conical 90 degree, cutoff of 1500 Hz). Is quite promising so far... We're hoping to release this design around the middle of October.

Dan Wiggins
      Adire Audio

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"