X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brent
    • Jan 2002

1066 power cord

The power cord seems not to fit very snug in the back of my unit. It just seems to be loose, I've pushed as hard as seemed resonable but it just seems wobbley. Does anyone here find this as well? Also on a different note I have my PS2 hooked up via the ps multi cable so I'm only getting anlogue in. In the 1066 input menue I can only get music modes(DPLII music, DTS Neo music etc.) no cinema modes. Maybe I must use the optical.Any thoughts? 8)
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

My power cord is a little loose as well. Not sure about the cinema modes though.

Nice to see another canadian Rotel fan...even if he is from the gap

Comment

• Arnold van Oostrum
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Brent
      Also on a different note I have my PS2 hooked up via the ps multi cable so I'm only getting anlogue in. In the 1066 input menue I can only get music modes(DPLII music, DTS Neo music etc.) no cinema modes. Maybe I must use the optical.Any thoughts?
      I don't exactly know what you mean by 'cinema modes'. But keep in mind that Dolby Digital and DTS are digital processes, so they only apply to digital input (coax, optical). If you connect analog, which means 2-channel (stereo), then you only have the surroundmodes like DPL-II, DTS Neo:6, Music1-4, etc. These modes convert an analog stereo into multichannel but can not be compared to the digital DD and DTS.
      Then, if you have a player with a built-in DD&DTS decoder, you can use multi input, thus bypassing the decoding process in the RSP-1066.

Comment

• Brent
        • Jan 2002

Andrew you and I have communicated a few times over the last few months over on the Home theatre forum I think it was you who helped me post some pics. So I guess the pwr cord thing is just a minor issue then. Arnold I know I would have to use a digital connection to get DD or DTS. I guess what I was trying to say is that when I use my LD player via anologue I can choose DLPII cinema or DTS neo cinema, whereas for some strange reason the PS2 gives DPLII music. I don't imagine it's a big deal soundwise but it would be nice to find out. I'll keep tinkering.

Comment

• JKohn
          • Jun 2002

Are you sure it's not just a matter of the default format being different between the two? I've noticed that the 1066 seems to default to Cinema mode for 48khz audio and Music for 44 khz audio, but with analog it doesn't know the difference so maybe it just defaults to Music.

Maybe you've already tried this, but once you're in PLII mode the left/right arrow keys should toggle you between the different pro-logic modes (PL2-Cinema, PL2-Music, ProLogic-1, PL Stereo 3). I haven't tested this with an analog source since I don't have any analog sources, but it should work the same regardless of whether you're using an analog or digital connection.

Jeff Kohn
          Jeff Kohn
          http://home.houston.rr.com/jeffkohn

Comment

• fhidayat
            • Oct 2002

my 1065 power cable is also loose, what's up with that?

:banana:
            :banana:

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

Jeffs answer is likely what's going on with the PLII modes. There should be no reason why you shouldn't be able to toggle between the two.

Comment

• Curtis Douglas
                • Nov 2002

My 1066 and 1095 are both that way. I know several other people with Rotel equipment to include another 1066, 976, both 1080's, and they are all that way.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"