X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Maggie madness

Ok I've noticed that my 1.4's bottom out to easily when listening to music at a decent volume and I've got a little high freq issue with them so I'm going to make them my rear speakers. What I'm seriously considering doing is taking my SMG's and using them as my mains. I want to add on a couple of smaller drivers underneath the SMG's to handle the upper bass from 80 hz up to 300 hz or so (is this about right thomas?) So do I go with a pair of 6", 8" or 10" drivers? which ones? what sort of crossover do it need? I imagine all I need to do is filter out everything above 300 hz and send the rest to the SMG's right? I'm sure I've seen this done before but for the life of me I can't find the link

would these stryke drivers be a good choice?

• ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

You've got mail

This topic was discussed at length in one of the B&G RD75 planar threads

theAudioWorx
    Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"