Calling all CLIO Users- Audiomatica Sponsored Design Contest!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JonMarsh
    Mad Max Moderator
    • Aug 2000

Calling all CLIO Users- Audiomatica Sponsored Design Contest!

Audiomatica, as part of introducing the CLIO WIN software, is sponsoring a "Grand Prix" of speaker design using their test systems and software.

Details are available on the CLIO WIN site

but it oddly isn't mentioned on the regular Audiomatica site. It sounds like they will be publicizing details of projects that make it to the "finals", and will be giving away copies of the Windows versions of CLIO.

This floats my boat a bit, enough to enter the subscription form for more contest details. Deadline to complete submissions is September 15, so there's lot of time to do more work and documentation, for those of you that think having fun outdoors in the summertime is a waste of energy! :W

Hope everyone out in HTGUIDE land is having a great weekend- I am, it's my first off in six weeks! So, in comparision, that I'm going to help a friend replace the guts in two of their toliets seems like a nice day off compared to more work!

Regards,

Jon

Earth First!
    M8ta
    Modula Neo DCC
    Modula MT XE
    Modula Xtreme
    Isiris
    Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
    Minerva Monitor
    Calliope
    Ardent D

In Development...
    Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
    Obi-Wan
    Saint-Saëns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
    Modula PWB
    Calliope CC Supreme
    Natalie P Ultra
    Natalie P Supreme
    Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
    Just ask Mr. Ohm....
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

John, interesting project. If only I had time and the knowledge. However, I encourage our htguide DIYers to get in the mix!

Jon, for the record, I can think of better ways to spend my time off, though no more valuabele a way, lol. Today, after the Mother's day festivities, I got in 9 holes of golf. Since I walked, tomorrow I might be a little sore. I am far out of shape at present!

Trying to get both my legs and my swing in shape. Today, though beautiful, was a hit or miss day, though I did play 9 with 1 ball. Did I say the course was wide open with water only on 2 holes? No, I didn't.

Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• JonMarsh
      Mad Max Moderator
      • Aug 2000

He Lex,

You may have had more fun that I did, today. For my first weekend off, after getting my daughter up and off to work, I rebuilt the innards of two toliets as a Mother's day present for a friend.

Then I ruthlessly debugged the 1200 MHz Athlon I've been building this weekend for gaming- turns out I shouldn't have cloned the disk from my old bedroom system which has a slightly older SB Live card in it; even though it was "uninstalled" via the Add/Remove programs, it must have had some stuff left behind that conflicted with the new SB Live card. Once I formatted to the metal and re-installed, all was well. Live and learn.

Back on topic, having CLIO in Windows will be a real treat compared to using the sometimes non-intuitive DOS version- although it trys to use a windowing GUI of sorts, needless to say printing support is limited, and it runs at plain old VGA.
      It gives me a good excuse to find the time to finish the crossover tweaks I already designed in LSPCAD, and get them documented and measured. You're right, though, I should have done it in the winter when there wasn't good weather outside to tempt one.

Regards,

Jon

Earth First!
      M8ta
      Modula Neo DCC
      Modula MT XE
      Modula Xtreme
      Isiris
      Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
      Minerva Monitor
      Calliope
      Ardent D

In Development...
      Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
      Obi-Wan
      Saint-Saëns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
      Modula PWB
      Calliope CC Supreme
      Natalie P Ultra
      Natalie P Supreme
      Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
      Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"