X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lexman
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2000

Thomas's latest project

What's Thomas been up to over here in DIY? Usually he has about a half a page of projects he is currently working on. So, how do you follow up a set of Whisper klones anyway?

Lex
  • Pat
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2000

Umm, Lex...the thread is here

and the picture...

That's what you follow Whisper clones with :B

Pat's Page
    Pat's Page

Comment

• ThomasW
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Hi Guys

Actually some progress has been made. A single channel prototype will be fully operational by the end of April. JonMarsh will be coming out and we'll begin the preliminary measurements.

There have been delays due to parts availablilty. At this juncture I have all the drivers except for ribbon/leaf/planar tweeters. I'm waiting for John J. from Stryke to send me some samples for evaluation. I have some NOS (new old stock) Panasonic leafs, but am hesitant to create a design using these tweeters as they would be impossible to replace in the event of a failure.

So stay tuned and I'll post details as soon as they are available

theAudioWorx
      Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Lexman
        Super Senior Member
        • Jun 2000

Ahhhh yes, the bookshelf speaker system. :B I can hardly wait! Looks like he needs some CATs in that system to me. hehe.

Lex

Comment

• Bing Fung
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Aug 2000

I think he needs some custom made internal wires too Lex!

No point in having a good run from Amp to speaker only to have leesr inside the box :B

Bing
          Bing

Comment

• John Holmes
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

If I had these speakers, I would treat them like a piece of art. I would just stare at them for hours on end! But I could see them being another man's bookshelf.:B

Go Thomas Go!

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
            "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• JonMarsh
              Mad Max Moderator
              • Aug 2000

Uhh, now I guess I know why ThomasW invited me out for his birthday! I guess it will be a busman's holiday. Actually, production dates may be slippig to early May, due to logistics issues and concert scheduling (Mark Knofler).
              He said something about a follow on act for the following weekend (not sure I remember, something about the "New Zombies", or maybe it was the "Rocker's Resurrection", you know , a new supergroup, with Jim Morrison on vocals, Sandy Denny on backing vocals, Jimi Hendrix on guitar, John Paul Jones on keyboards, Jaco Pastorius on bass, Jerry Garcia on second guitar, and Keith Moon on drums).

Soooo, speaker building is in our future. I've got a weird idea for a system that looks like a Mirage OM5, on steroids, but dipole in the bass through mid, and bipole in treble, instead of bipole in upper mids and treble. And bigger drivers. Dual Shiva 12's in bottom end. Dual And louder, of course. And maybe not as pretty. You know, a little weird.

It's time to make some sawdust, and measure some SPL!

Regards,

Jon

Earth First!
              M8ta
              Modula Neo DCC
              Modula MT XE
              Modula Xtreme
              Isiris
              Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
              Minerva Monitor
              Calliope
              Ardent D

In Development...
              Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
              Obi-Wan
              Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
              Modula PWB
              Calliope CC Supreme
              Natalie P Ultra
              Natalie P Supreme
              Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
              Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"