X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AndrewM
    • Oct 2000

Uh oh, he's thinking again...

Hey Thomas,

I was wondering if you've had a chance to play around yet with the RD-75's? I'm curious as to how they sound with that roll-off in the top end. Do you think you would really need a set of tweeters to go with it? I was looking at a few of the commercial designs that utilize the B&G ribbons and notice that a lot of them aren't using anything to help out the top end, and these from some supposedly very high end speakers (ie, $10k+ speakers).

Ahhh the problems of thinking to much.

Andrew
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Hi Andrew

Things have been a little too busy on the personal front for extended experimentation with the RD75.

My preliminary testing, just setting the planar next to the Whisper (meaning no baffle was being used)and then feeding it with the 250Hz up signal from the Whisper's XO was interesting. I added a line array of leaf tweeters and that seemed to make the sound better. But the setup was so crude that I wouldn't bet on it in the long run.

Most people aren't using supertweeters with the RD75s. And I've been getting alot of feedback that people are thinking that I'm crazy to use any, but I know what I heard. Perhaps my ears are spoiled by the leaf array I'm using with my electrostatics.

When things settle down I'll build some prototype asymetrical baffles and do some real testing.

theAudioWorx
    Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"