X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chris wood
    • Jan 2001

question for thomasw (sonosub)

i recently looked at joeys website and emailed him about his sonosub that you helped build he emailed me back told me to ask you about the dim. of the sub any help would be great im going to be using the same sub and powering it with a carver tfm 25 which runs 350 mono or 225 steeo each channel

thanks again
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Hi

Welcome to Ht-Guide

What are the dimensions? To be honest it's been so many projects ago I don't remember all the specifics

Lets see, he used 24" diameter tube, and we designed a sealed enclosure with a Qtc of 0.5

If you want to copy his, get Joey to give you the height of the tube excluding the decorative top. Make the end caps the same thickness, 2-3/4" layers of MDF with 1-7/16" layer of OSB.

The damping material was put in at a rate of roughly 1-1.5 pounds/cubic ft. It was then tuned by ear for the best sound.

You've got plenty of power, run the amp in stereo, one channel/voice coil.

theAudioWorx
    Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Joey Millison
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Glad to see you joined in Chris I hope you'll be as happy with your sub as I have been with mine, though I'm sure you will be

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"