X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ken Lopata
    • Aug 2000

New Stryke HE15 subs.

Just wondering if anyone has started, or has finished building their new sub with the Stryke HE15 driver. What size did you build it. Whats the concensus, a 22" i.d. box or 24" i.d. box. What are the pro's and con's. Thanks. ken.
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Hi

I'm still waiting on the drivers and PR's. I ordered the Stryke/Lambda PR's, so John has to get the parts and build them. Probably delay things a while longer.

Since the boxes are really a minimal build, I'm planning on some prototypes for fun. One a 24"ID cube. This will give more output below 20Hz, as compared to the 22" cube. And of course it will weigh more.

Another cube will be absolutely as small as I can build it, probably 16.5"ID. This is really just an experiment to see what happens with an ultimate in small subs. Should be fun..

My goal for these is portability, since my big IB provides all the monster bass I need for the HT.

What are you planning to build Ken?

I have one of the Symetrix 551E parametric EQ's on order. These EQ down to 10Hz. This should make for some interesting "listening" when it arrives

Since you're in the area call me. We can talk about various designs, possibly get together for some testing or whatever.

303-756-6183

theAudioWorx
    Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Ken Lopata
      • Aug 2000

Thanks Thomas. I'll call you in the next couple days. I own a mortgage brokerage. I'm swamped with loans right now. I got my HE15 Friday. If you want me to bring it buy, let me know. I live in Ken-Caryl. From your phone # it appears you live in Englewood, Littleton area. I'm out there all the time. I can't decide between the 22" cube from Stryke or build a 24" i.d. cube.

Ken

Comment

• ThomasW
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Ken

I'm in Southmore Park, 1/2 mile SE of the intersection of I-25 and Hampden.

Tomorrow I'll post some "sims" of the 22" vs 24" cube modeled in LspCAD Pro. There's not too much difference, other than a slight increase in output below 20Hz.

theAudioWorx
        Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• ThomasW
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Ken

Here are 2 models of the HE15 each with 3 Stryke/Lambda PRs. The top is using a 8cu ft box, the bottom using a 5.3 cu ft box. Both volumes are "net", so that's after subtracting for the volume displaced by the driver, PR's etc. Both of these are larger than the 22" cube John J. built.

theAudioWorx
          Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"