X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tibor
    • Oct 2000

center channel

Hi Guys !

Is it better to have a center channel above the TV set or Below , I have a 32" TV plane on building a new cabinet for for all my grear.
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Hi

If possible the best placement is where the center channel tweeter at the same height as the tweeters in the mains. However this isn't usually very practical.

It's distracting for the brain to be referencing a sound source lower than the image. So it usually works out better from a "pyschoacoustic" standpoint to mount the center on top of the TV.

theAudioWorx
    Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Lexman
      Super Senior Member
      • Jun 2000

Additionally though, a slight angling of the speaker either downward or upward as appropriate, will assist in equalizing the position of the tweeter dispertion to the listening position. Yes, the center will be going either up or down once it goes beyond the primary listening position. But for most people, this is really a non-issue for single row seating.

Lex

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

I've got mine below the TV pointed up towards the my head. This seems to work for me though I've never tried it on top of the TV in my new apartment. One thing to watch out for if you go for the below TV option is that the coffee table doesn't get in the way. Of course having the tweeters all line up along the front would be ideal but its seldom practical unless you've got a projector

Comment

• Tibor
          • Oct 2000

Well guys once again you been very helpful I am still desiging my new cabinet so I will let you know . The woodshop I work at is very busy and sometimes it hard to make time for my stuff.

Comment

• Lexman
            Super Senior Member
            • Jun 2000

Tibor, my adjustable stand is fairly complex and expensive. Go to Radio Shack and buy a pack of large rubber nubbies as I call them, and put 2 under the back of the speaker. If you want more angle, move them in, if you want less, move them further out. Now, the real benefit of this is all the isolation damping that the tips provide, lol. (JK)

Of course, I don't stick them. I just use them with the protective backing still on them. That way, I don't stick them to my Sonus faber leather (forbid!) or the RPTV.

Lex

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"