X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joe M
    • Jun 2002

1066/HDCD

After 3 months of no home theater due to a flood :cry: I've finally gotten my sytem and apartment back in order a couple of weeks ago I have a Marantz 4000 ose cd player hooked up to one coax input/and a Sony DVD/SACD changer hooked up to other coax input . This morning I tried playing an CD/HDCD (Mark Knopler) on my Marantz and the 1066 was all confused. At the end/beginning of each track it keeps trying to swith to HDCD but can't so it switches back to PCM this causes the CD to stop playing for a second. When I tried the same disc on my Sony no problems the 1066 presented it in HDCD. I tried different cables and switching the inputs but this doesn't help. Before I had to unhook my theater, I never had this problem with the Marantz, it just played the disc in PCM. I figured the CD player needed to be HDCD capable to get HDCD sound. However, after trying the disc in my DVD player I realize this is not the case. Do you guys think its a problem with my Marantz, if so why did this never happen before? Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
  • JKohn
    • Jun 2002

It could be that something about the way the Marantz transmits the data is confusing the auto-detection on the 1066. I haven't had any problems playing HDCD's on my HTPC, but then I only have a few of them. Is this only happening with one HDCD? Have you tried others?

You don't need a HDCD-capable player though; the whole point of HDCD support in the pre/pro is that it will do the processing for you so the CD player doesn't have to. (Assuming you use a digital connection of course).

Jeff Kohn
    Jeff Kohn
    http://home.houston.rr.com/jeffkohn

Comment

• Joe M
      • Jun 2002

I think you may be right about the Marantz causing the problem. I tried another HDCD today and had the same result. It worked fine with my Sony DVD/SACD changer but was all screwy with the Marantz.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Both my Sony jukebox and the 7700 DVD/CD player feed the Rotel in my system and I've not noticed an issues with HDCD's...sounds like its a bug in the Marantz

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"