X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lee
    • Oct 2002

Rotel RB-1080 vs Rotel RB-991

Hey guys is there much of a difference? I need this amp to power my 2 front speakers and using the RMB-1075 for my center and surrounds.

Thanks
    Tom.
  • JohnSC
    • Jun 2002

I have the 991 and 1075 in exactly that configuration. I researched the difference between them and found the 1080 had a higher damping factor and a 12V trigger. The Rotel reps told me that it was essentially the same amp with a 12V trigger so I bought the 991 for $A1000 less than the 1080. I am really happy with it. It controls my fronts effortlessly. Bass was improved over the 1075 which I originally had powering the fronts.

PS. I ended up making a 12V trigger myself and it now powers the amp on/off when I power up the 1066. I had to build one because I couldn't find what I wanted in Australia.

Comment

• Lee
      • Oct 2002

Thanks for the info. is the 991 THX certified?

Tom

Comment

• JohnSC
        • Jun 2002

Yes it is.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"