X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vernonbc
    • Oct 2002

CLD704 LD player and RSP-1066

If there are any Laserdisc player owners out there, have any of you succeeded in extracting the DD 5.1 audio track? I have my Pioneer CLD704 hooked up to Video 2 / Coax 2 and DVD hooked to Vid 1/ Coax 1. It seems that the coax inputs do not recognize the RF out on the LD player. If it can't be done then I guess I am stuck listening and watching LD's in matrix mode.

It's nice to see a forum dedicated to Rotel products. By-the-way, my firmware is in the 2.2.1 series. It seems that Rotel has 2 versions of firmware circulating, the 1.4x's and the 2.2.x's. Has anyone figured out which is the latest and most up to date?

Thanks
  • hanser
    • May 2002

you need a RF Demodulator between the RF out and the digital in.

Comment

• Arnold van Oostrum
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by vernonbc
      By-the-way, my firmware is in the 2.2.1 series. It seems that Rotel has 2 versions of firmware circulating, the 1.4x's and the 2.2.x's. Has anyone figured out which is the latest and most up to date?
      The different version is related to a change in hardware. For both series, the 1.4x and the 2.2x, Rotel will issue new firmware simultaniously.

Comment

• Jay Sylvester
        • Sep 2002

Hanser is right. For AC-3 (Dolby Digital) soundtracks, the RF output needs to be hooked up to an RF demodulator, which then goes to the digital input on the processor. Demodulators are getting tougher to find, so if you have a lot of DD LDs, you might want to grab one now. There are a few on ebay at any given time, usually selling for $100-$250 apiece.

For DTS tracks, no demodulator is needed since DTS tracks are output via a standard optical or coaxial digital output straight to the processor.

Comment

• vernonbc
          • Oct 2002

:idea: Thanks for the info guys. I just realized that I may be able to use my old AC3 stand-alone processor (Marantz DP870). It looks like I can connect it to the "Multi" inputs on the 1066. I'll post my results when I have everything connected.

Comment

• vernonbc
            • Oct 2002

I have connected my Marantz processor to the "multi" inputs and it works. The only thing I need to do is determine where the volume control and the 5.1 channel test tone volume controls need to be set. Even though the Marantz processor is a stand-a-lone processor it also functions as a preamp for digital inputs only.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"