X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sdecker
    • Jun 2002

Its arrives tomorrow

I just bought a Rotel RB-985 mkII amp and I pick it up tommorrow. I cant wait.

I just love the sound of my 1055 so this should be audio nirvana for me. I'll post a few more thoughts after I get it worked into my HT.

Wish me luck

Earle
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Goodluck Decker! I used to own an RB-985. Good amp!

Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• sdecker
      • Jun 2002

Well, Its home and I love this amp. It looks as good as it sounds. It matches pefectly with 1055, which is now only powering the center backs.

With HT I'll be honest, I really cant tell a difference, but I havent watched anything at reference volumes yet. The next time my wife and son are out Ill let something rip.

Now for the good part. While listening to music you can most definatly hear a difference. Im not really sure how to describe the difference I hear, but everything seems to be more focused and clear. Miles and Coltrane have never sounded so smooth and good.

I give this amp 2 thumbs up and recommend it to anyone interested in a 5 channel amp.

Earle

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Sounds like a great upgrade!

Comment

• sdecker
          • Jun 2002

Andrew,

I'm so happy I got the 1055/985 package. My ht never sounded so smooth.

Any word from Rotel about the BM issues with the 1055/1066? Any new firmware yet?

Earle

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"