What CD processing modes do you all like?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Danbry39
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2002

What CD processing modes do you all like?

I haven't had the time to really listen extensively, but, so far, the only modes I like listening to CD's on are 2 and 5 channel stereo. I don't like Neo 6, as it seems somehow thin to me. I don't like the Musics 1-4, etc., but do love the straight 2 channel and 5 channel stereo ambiance modes. I know it's my own ears, but are there any others that tickle your bell? And are there different choices for different types of music? I'll give any and all recommendations a listen.

Keith
    Keith
  • efarstad
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jun 2001

Straight 2-channel for me!

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
    E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
    E-Cinema

Comment

• Greg_W
      • Sep 2002

2 channel for me as well. The 'music 2' program is probably the least offensive of the processing modes to my ears.

Greg
      Greg

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

2 channel for 90 percent and occaisonally I'll play with DTS:NEO and PLII but not for serious music.

Comment

• Arnold van Oostrum
          • Sep 2002

I don't play CD's with my 1065. For 2-channel stereo I still use my RB-990BX / RC-995 combo which sounds better.

Comment

• RogueAngel
            • Jun 2002

When I'm sitting in my "listening spot" I go 100% 2 channel unless it's something like a DTS encoded music DVD (guess that's not a CD - oops) and if I'm doing "stuff" around the house and not critically listening then I usually go 5ch.

Comment

• Nicholas Renter
              • Jun 2002

I listen to either 5-channel stereo (with the center channel shut off) or 2-channel stereo.

I'm losing my facination with 5-channel stereo these days, though (just in case you all were wondering).

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"