X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Krzysztof W
    • Sep 2002

New 1066 bass problem?

Hi

I love my 1066-1075 combo. The music is incredible, I am completely stunned.
    I have to add that I have Def Tech speakers (BP2006 mains-bipolar power towers, CLR2002-center and BP 1.2.x rear).
    I recently had upgraded software (version 1.44) and then I run into bass problem. Strangely enough I encounter this only if I play DVD-audio in DD or DTS format!!!. There is no problem with analogue 5.1 audio. I do not have any problem with movies in DD or DTS. Does anybody have any idea??
    Is there any chance that the problem is related to bipolar power main speakers?

I have to add that as the result of the upgrade Rotel DSP modes are now great. I used mostly 2-chanel stereo befor. Now I am running my Cds in DSP Music 1 or 4.

Thanks

Krzysztof
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I recently had upgraded software (version 1.44) and then I run into bass problem.
    1.45 is currently the latest version for the 1066 so you might want to flash to that to make sure you're current.

What exactly is the bass problem you're having? You post is a little vague as to what problem you're seeing

Comment

• Krzysztof W
      • Sep 2002

To be more precise. I played Tchaikovsky "The Nutcracker" couple of days ago. Specifically 3-id piece ("March") and the wave of distorted bass hit me like hell. I took another another DTS-audio and again there was a lot of overbass again. I checked movie in DTS it was as weonderful as ever. I checked Rolling Stones "Bridges to Babilon" in the standard DD nothing. I play straight through, wonderful.

Today I took "The Nutcracker" again and played it. It was a lott of awful noises and then I switch my subwoofer to yes and it all disappeared. I was rewarded by the pure clean music as good as in the "direct" mode. I tried CD with sub "on" and "no"-sub there was no difference. The music was great. Check some soundtracks it was great without sub. Let me pointed again that I have Def Tech bipolar tower BP2006 , which do include 10" long throw sub with 250 watt amplifier, so I was always switiching sub to none.
      Any explanation?

Krzysztof

Comment

• Krzysztof W
        • Sep 2002

I apologize for all misprints, I am having a serious conference on different topic right now and I just left participants for a second. I shouldn't do it, but This Rotel problem is really annoying. Well, at least I have a temporary solution. I let you know if I find true explanation of this phenomena

Krzysztof

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

hmm I might have seen something similar happen with my setup the other day while playing around. I was able to get my sub amps to distort badly when I was trying them running my mains...like you setting the sub to off caused all sorts of problems. I'll see if I can replicate it this weekend and report back.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"