X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gary Stevens
    • Jan 2001

Q: S/N on 1055 vs 1066 ?

Greetings!

I've been pondering the tradeoff between a 1066 and a 1055 and I am wondering if anyone has any info or experiences with the relative signal to noise ratios.

I believe that Andrew noted in another thread (on another forum?) that Rotel stated the S/N ratio of the 1055 is worse than the 1066. But, are they referring to the S/N of the 1055's main amp outputs or the pre-outs?

I'm thinking of using the 1055 as a pre-pro only, so I'm interested in how close to the 1066 the 1055's preamp section is. Do I really want to pay $200 extra and lose the tuner for a 1dB improvement? Probably not. For 10dB? Yeah, probably.

Either way, I'm going to hold off until the dust settles a bit further on the bass management issues.

-Gary
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Gary as I said in my 1055 reviews I didn't notice any difference between the 1055 and 1066 as far as noise floors so I don't see it as a big deal. That's a good question regrading the dB rating..I'll see what I can dig up

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"