X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sdecker
    • Jun 2002

Really simple Rotel bass mangement question

Can the double bass problem be solved by a new firmware upgrade or is a a design flaw that would require the units to be shipped to Rotel to be fixed.

I find it amazing that with all the owner complaining about this issue that Rotel still hasnt come out and said we made a mistake.

The manual that comes with the 1055, I own one, says one thing about how the sub settings work and then they work in a different way. What is so difficult about have a sub control that works like the manual says it should. NO,YES, MAX not NO, YES(MAX),MAX(MAX).

As another poster has has stated aster spending over $1000 on this reciever I feel I should NOT have to spend more $$$ for a competitors product to fix these issues. Not to mention that I even would have to pruchase amplifiers to solve this problem.

Sorry to rant

Earle
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I've passed this thread onto Rotel to get their input.

Comment

• sdecker
      • Jun 2002

Thanks Andrew for passing that to Rotel. I was in a real crappy mood this morning and needed to vent alittle.

I love the way the 1055 sounds and probably should even worry about the double bass issue, as most of my use is HT related.

I would just love to hear what is sounds like if the bass management was working the way it is documented in Rotels owners manual.

Thanks again

Earle

Comment

• RogueAngel
        • Jun 2002

I guess there must be quite a few of us that are feeling the same way. I sent the following by e-mail today:

"I purchased an RSX-1055 in July and have been fairly satisfied with it's performance.

However, I am becoming increasingly concerned with the lack of information being provided by Rotel on the bass management problem with both the RSX-1055 and the RSP-1066. This problem has been well documented on both the Home Theater Forum and the HT Guide Forum along with several e-mails to Rotel representatives.

The one thing I, nor anyone else with whom I am in contact, has heard is whether or not Rotel is working on a fix to have Bass management function as described in the owner's manual. Is this problem being addressed in a firmware update in the near future or does Rotel not see this as a problem?"

I'll let ya'll know if I get an answer.

Comment

• sdecker
          • Jun 2002

I just want to clear up something about the 1055.

If I set all speakers to small witha 60hz crossover for the sub, and only use the digital inputs, all bass management works as its supposed to. Is this correct?

All the issues here are if speakers are set to large or analog inputs are used, correct?

TIA

Earle

Comment

• Dre J
            • Aug 2002

Earle,

Correct.
            Digital only (No 2-analog input and no multi-channel analog input).
            All speakers set to small.

My little corner of the world

"ILL-PLEX 007.1"
            My little corner of the world

"ILL-PLEX 007.1"

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

Just heard back from Rotel's support staff. They're all on the road this week but will try to address our concerns as soon as they can.

Comment

• Bill Blank
                • Sep 2002

Correct me if i'm wrong, as I haven't hooked up a sub yet, but if I switch to "2-ch" mode wouldn't that disable the LFE channel that a sub was hooked up to? Also, can't you just set different speaker parameters for each input and set CD so that Front L/R= Large Center=NO, Surround=NO, Sub=NO?

Bill

Rotel RSP-1066
                Rotel RMB-1075
                Rega Planet 2000
                Denon DVD-2900
                Mitsubishi WS-55411
                Paradigm Reference Studio 100 v3
                Paradigm Reference Studio CC-470 v3
                Paradigm Reference Studio 20 v3
                Velodyne CT-120

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

Bill unfortunatly you can't set speakers on or off for each mode its a global setting.

Comment

• Bill Blank
                    • Sep 2002

Andrew,
                    That's a shame. 2-CH Direct should mean just that, NOT 2.1!! I know of $500 receivers that don't force the user to adopt a "global" setting. In a $1500 piece from a 40 yr old company, I'd expect even more flexibility regarding bass-managament and speaker setup. Rotel's really let us music lovers with full-range mains down.

Bill

Rotel RSP-1066
                    Rotel RMB-1075
                    Rega Planet 2000
                    Denon DVD-2900
                    Mitsubishi WS-55411
                    Paradigm Reference Studio 100 v3
                    Paradigm Reference Studio CC-470 v3
                    Paradigm Reference Studio 20 v3
                    Velodyne CT-120

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"