X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SergeH
    • Sep 2002

1066 : new bass management problem ?

Hi,
    I'have a rotel rsp 1066 (v 2.2.0) since 2 days and a problem with LFE signal.
    When my 5 speakers (don't need a sub with B&W605) are configured as Large speakers (central can go down to 58Hz, -3db), i have no LFE. But if i turn the central speaker parameter from large to small, then LFE comes back. Strange ?

A+
    Serge.
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

That's really strange. Are you sure that the sub setting it set to none? If not that would explain why you aren't getting LFE when the all the speakers are set to large since it won't be redirecting the LFE from the sub to the mains.

Comment

• SergeH
      • Sep 2002

Yes, sub setting : none

Here is the solution : configure the central speaker to small AND set the crossover to 40Hz (sub is still set to off !!!)

But if someone has a central speaker that is able to reproduce sounds below 40Hz, i see no way with the 1066 to explore this frequencies.

I've played with a sherwood/newcastle 956 yesterday, and when my 5 speakers are set to large and sub is set to off, LFE is redirected correctly, just like my sony str-db 940 do it.

So, Mr Rotel, can you write a specific user guide called 'RSP-1066 : How do we understand bass management in rotel lab ..." That would be helpful :?

Serge.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

I've asked Rotel to look into this thread so hopefully they'll be able to respond shortly. In the mean time can other Rotel users please try this and let us know what happens with your machines?

Comment

• SergeH
          • Sep 2002

And what happens if you have 4 big speakers, like my B&W605, and no central speaker ? LFE is lost because you don't have a speaker with the SMALL setting ? 8O

Serge.

Comment

• SergeH
            • Sep 2002

I've made some other tests. Sub is still off, and crossover set to 40Hz.
            From the best to the worst setting :
            - front LARGE, center SMALL, surround SMALL : lfe seems complete (let's say 25Hz to 120Hz. I give values just to explain my feeling)
            - 5 speakers SMALL : lfe seems not complete (35-120Hz), small loss.
            - front LARGE, no central speaker, surround SMALL : big loss in low frequencies ! lfe very reduced (50-120Hz)

Serge.

Comment

• SergeH
              • Sep 2002

No news from Mr Rotel ?

Serge.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

not yet. They were at CEDIA all last week so they're likely still trying to catch up.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"