PDA

View Full Version : How are things going for CAT Cables?

Nolan B
11-03-2007, 10:39 PM
Hey lex,
i was just curious to know how things are going for CAT Cables. Did things pick up and are you looking at any new products?

Lex
11-05-2007, 11:46 AM
Nolan, things are still pretty quite. Honestly, it's just spotty at best at this point. I think I reached a saturation point of CAT dominating my thoughts and time outside a day job after 5-6 years. Add to that everything else including the forum, and it wears you down after a while, so I've been fairly content to go on building what I build, and not devoted much time to development. Photography has taken some of my off time, a passion I enjoy. Life has to be about more than work sometimes.

As far as the biz, well, a good bit of my business is international now. This is a fairly dramatic turn. I'm not sure what to attribute that to. I have 3 orders shipping today, one shipping to US but destined for CA, another to Malaysia, and another to Sweden. (Biggest order to Sweden) Go figure.

I still do a little USA biz, but it's tight.

That's the busiest week I've had in a good while honest and its all destined for international

Doug

sirbogey
11-14-2007, 04:58 AM
Well Lex, have you taken a look at the US exchange rate lately!? The dollar is so affordable these days...

Lex
11-14-2007, 09:50 AM
I did consider that may be part of the advantage with international. You know, I'm glad to see you all get a value. I knew the dollar was down. From my perspective a dollar is a dollar, so it's a win win.