X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Energeezer
    • Sep 2002

New Rotel Owner Finds It Bright

Guys
    I just got a Rotel 1075 Power amp. Unfortunately I was trying to save some cash and opted for a Sony STR-DA2ES Reciever as a Pre-Pro. Now I am finding that the sound is kinda up front and bright.
    The amp is new so it stil needs a proper burn in but I think the Sony is adding to the effect.
    Should I bite the bullet and return Sony and get a 1066 or a 1055 or do you think the sound will come around as the Sony and the Rotel burn in.
    By the way this is my first post on this Forum and I am another Winnipegger.
    Steve

The Future of HT lies in FP SPREAD THE WORD
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Welcome Steve! Always nice to see another Winnipeger on the forum lol

Unfortunatly you aren't going to like my advice...the Sony will always be brighter sounding then the Rotel no matter how much break in you give the Sony. My advice would be to call Lyle Hirdecki (sp?) at Advance and see what sort of deal he can do for you on either the 1066 or 1055...tell him I sent you. Call me if you want to discuss the prices I paid.

Comment

• Energeezer
      • Sep 2002

Thanks Andrew
      I took your advice and returned the Sony. Got a 1055 instead. I am now completely happy with the sound. Of course I will be waiting for a resolution to the bass management issue but it does not have a huge impact on me as my mains are not completely full range.
      Steve

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Glad to hear!

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"