X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Arnold van Oostrum
    • Sep 2002

Rumours on RSP-1098

The 'big brother' of the RSP-1066 is set to come near the end of this year. It will be the RSP-1098 and I heard that it (for what it's worth):
    1) will be based on the RC-1090; so absolute stunnning stereo
    2) will be THX certified; (maybe ultra2?)
    3) will cost twice the price of the RSP-1066.
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I just heard from one of my contacts at Rotel and learned a little more about the new big brother to the 1066...for logical reasons he wasn't willing to tell me too much since the specs are still being finalized but he did say it will exceed THX specs though won't carry the THX badge. There should be a major announcement in January so I guess we'll have to wait and see...oh and cost will be about twice the 1066.

Comment

• Arnold van Oostrum
      • Sep 2002

I head something more about the RSP-1098. The Rotel man who came to listen to my RSX-1065 problem, told me that the RSP-1098 is going to be a very very special machine with real high end specs. He told me he has already seen photo's of its exterieur and the stuff inside. He thinks they will have the RSP-1098 half februari 2003.
      But when things are very very special, they tend to get very very expensive. The RSP will going to cost euro about 4500-5000 (maybe some more or less). ops:

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

From what I've been told the new model should be very special indeed. I hope to get one when they come out to review so if or when I do get one you guys will be the first to hear about it

Comment

• Arnold van Oostrum
          • Sep 2002

I just wonder, will the 1098 be comparable to the Tag McLaren AV32R (bp192), or will they try to exceed this beauty?

Comment

• Arnold van Oostrum
            • Sep 2002

From Rotel UK I received some info on the RSP-1098. They can't give much info at this time, it's to premature.

... I can say that it is very much "the next generation" both in terms of how it will operate and its sonic performance .... our intention is that it will compete with "the best" and out perform most regardless of price. I hasten to add that the RSP1098 will be realistically priced...... I am very excited about this product because I think it will be very innovative.......... I hope to launch the model in April / May
            Boy, it will be a long six months to go. 8O

Comment

• Kevin C Brown
              • Jun 2002

Bass management on the 5.1 analog inputs?
              DSP modes for stereo rears for the equivalent of the xS mode now on the 1066?
              Different crossover settings for different speakers?
              Distance (delay) setting for the sub?
              DSP engine manufacturer?
              24/192 DACs?
              Any internal upsampling?
              "Correct" bass management? (No "double" bass unless user specified.)

Inquiring minds want to know!

(I know, info not available yet... Got to ask anyway, for when the info does become available.)

Comment

• wanderso
                • Sep 2002

The most important question from me is:

Will they offer a valued trade-in program for current Rotel owners a la Lexicon?

Comment

• Arnold van Oostrum
                  • Sep 2002

Here in The Netherlands some news was posted on the new RSP-1098.

It has a full color display on the front, which can be used for the OSD menu navigation. Beside this screen there are just a few buttons for operation on the unit itself. It will come with a new programmable remote RR-1050 with LCD screen.

According to Mike Bartlett, Generel Manager Rotel Amerika: "The RSP-1098 is Rotel`s most sophisticated product to date, so we worked harder than ever to `keep it simple` on the outside. But beyond its astonishingly elegant look and unique ergonomic achievements, the 1098 is pure Rotel, with the fully integrated performance and full-system excellence our `Balanced Design` concept delivers."

The 1098 has the latest 32 bit Cirrus Logic chips with 24/192kHz D/A conversion on all channels. Ofcourse the known surrounds modes are offered. The message doesn't say anything about DTS24/96 though.
                  It has dual toroidal transformers with hugh power reserves. All circuits are seperated from each other for minimal interference.
                  It has flexibel crossover settings, 8 analogue inputs, 8 digital inputs and 5 AV inputs. It has 4 wideband component inputs.

Estimated price is $3000 dollars and it will come available march 2003 in both black and silver with black.

Info from www.hifi.nl

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2000

Thanks Mike told me that he was going to see about getting us some photo's to post here this week so hopefully that works out. Some of the other tid bits I've heard are really sweet to so this ought to be worth the wait.

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"