X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Arnold van Oostrum
    • Sep 2002

Stereo quality RSP-1066

I'd like to know how the RSP-1066 perfomes with plain stereosound (i.e. from a good CD player, like the RCD-990). For good quality stereo I still use my RC-995. Can the RSP-1066 replace my RC-995 without loss in stereo quality?
  • Nicholas Renter
    • Jun 2002

IMHO, if you are willing to entertain the idea of using a HT pre-amp for 2-channel, the quality of the RSP-1066 will be more than acceptable. This is exactly how I currently use my 1066.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

I don't have any problems with my unit for 2 channel performance either.

Comment

• greggz
        • Jun 2002

My experience has been that the 1066 actually sounds a tiny bit better in the analog domain than it does in the digital domain (not that there is anything wrong with the sound quality of the digital domain). I believe the S/N ratio in the digital domain is 92dB vs 95db for the analog domain.

Gregg
        Gregg

Our Home Theater

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Gregg if you're in analog then aren't you comparing the DAC's in your CD player vs the Rotels?

Comment

• greggz
            • Jun 2002

Hi Andrew,

Could very well be. I use my Sony 500V DVD/SACD player for playing CD's and though its a SACD player at $179 I doubt it has better DACs than the 1066.

All I know is that when I listen to two-channel material thru the 6.1 analog bypass inputs I get just the slightest hint of a more open soundstage. Then again it could be that when I am running all of my speakers I could have some cancellation issues. I havent started accoustically treating my room yet (and it needs it!)

Gregg
            Gregg

Our Home Theater

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"