X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MuShu007
    • Jun 2002

To Rotel or not to Rotel

I have been looking around for a replacement for my Marantz receiver and i do have my eye on the Rotel 1066/1095 amp combo.My question to all 1066 owners is: " Would you have still bought one if you found out it had bass-management issues?" Coz heck,I'm really,really tempted to unload my SR-18 for the Rotel units.
    Need your opinions pleeeaaaaaaaase.......... :?

MIKE
  • efarstad
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jun 2001

Mike, Happy 1066 owner here and to be honest I don't have any "issue" with the bass management because I use the unit for HT only and it meets my needs 10-fold!

Plus...some fixes are supposedly coming shortly that may fix some of those "issues."

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
    E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
    E-Cinema

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Like Erik the bass managment isn't an issue for me. Truthfully the problem isn't so much with the Rotel but with DVD-A and SACD not having a standard nor allowing a digital interface. Its not easy to do analog crossovers on multi channel inputs and keep the signal clean so the crossovers should be done in the DVD player.

Basically though I'm thrilled with the 1066

Comment

• JohnSC
        • Jun 2002

Add me to the list of happy 1066 owners. The bass mgt issues are not an issue for me. I upgraded from a Marantz SR680 receiver and the difference is huge.

Comment

• MuShu007
          • Jun 2002

I'll be heading to the dealer at noon,I hope they still have them in stock.Thanks guys......

MIKE

Comment

• efarstad
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jun 2001

Let us know what you think of it Mike and if noone has said yet, "Welcome to the The Guide!" :T

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
            E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
            E-Cinema

Comment

• Lex
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Apr 2001

I couldn't have said that better myself Erik! Welcome.

There was a 1066 for sale in buy and sale, not sure if it's still there or not.

Lex
              Doug
              "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Nicholas Renter
                • Jun 2002

Overall, I'm happy.

However, I'll be even happier once Rotel releases the next major software update and it fixes many of the problems that we users have reported. It will be even better if they encorporate many of the features that we users have asked for.

Comment

• MuShu007
                  • Jun 2002

Thanks for the welcome guys! Unfotunately I'm #2 on the waiting list ,anyways we did a comparison when I took my receiver to the dealer and hooked it up with the CDM NT's 7,1 and the CDMC( I'm running the SE's) and was surprised by the soundstage and clarity of the 1066/1095 combo.So I ended up selling my SR-18 rather quick to my surprise by running an ad on the paper,the sad part is I'M STILL WAITING.............

Comment

• MuShu007
                    • Jun 2002

Finally got it yesterday! This combo sounds sweet on HT,I was running it on reference level and it wasn't showing any signs of distortion.My dealer told me it would sound better after a week of breaking it in,dunno if it's true or not but out of the box it sounds pretty good

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Aug 2000

Glad you are enjoying it as much as we all are. Welcome to the club

Comment

• luszer
                        • Feb 2003

Mike and Rotel community
                        recently became a registered member and any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
                        Can you provide feedback on your sonic experience in moving from Marantz to Rotel. I have been pondering the move for a few months, such as 1066/1075 combo. I currently have a SR8000 and considering that for the pre/proc and the 1075 for the power amp. Did you evaluate the 1075 or did you go right for the big boy 1095?
                        Thanks

Comment

• MuShu007
                          • Jun 2002

Luszer

YGM!

MIKE

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"