X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris
    • Jul 2002

1066 Question

This may be addressed below, so I apologize if this is redundant and/or just plain ignorant. In reading many of the threads below, I see that you can assign certain modes to certain input devices. My question is: does the 1066 have a setting for "Auto" or autodetect? I am using my dvd player for cds too, and my Marantz receiver will auto-detect the correct mode to play in based on what I put into it. Does the 1066 do this as well? It would seem somewhat incovenient if it didn't.

Thanks in advance for all responses.

Chris

Chris
    Chris
  • Chris
    • Jul 2002

One more question: how long should it take to break in a new amp? I just purchased the Rotel RMB-1095, and I'm just wondering how long this usually takes (it's my first amp). Thanks.

Chris

Chris
    Chris

Comment

• dali
      • Jul 2002

I hope I understand your question. You can assign "Dolby ProLogic II Music" (for example) to be the default format for your DVD input, but it will only use that for CD:s and other material that isn't flagged (DTS, DD etc).

Comment

• efarstad
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jun 2001

Chris, Dali is correct. Non-flagged material will be auto-detected just like the the flagged material (DD, DTS, etc) by the default listening mode you set-up.

For instance I have mine setup to place PCM-2 channel stereo for CD's but when I put in a DTS-ES DVD it catches that flag and switches mode. Then when I put my CD back in, it auto-detects and goes back to 2 channel stereo!

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
        E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
        E-Cinema

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"