X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nikos
    • Dec 2005

Whoops... I need help!

Got off work a little early today due to bad weather... go to Blockbuster and get The Departed come home pop it in and :M I'm not getting sound out of the Front Left, Center and Left Surround. :wtf:

I checked with TEST TONES through the menu and get sound on the others including the sub.

I'm using the 1057 as a pre-amp and power my speakers with the 1077.
    5 channels to the speakers and 1 channel for a sub.

Can anyone help which way I should start troubleshooting...?
    I get the same results feeding the 1057 with analog and optical inputs...
    I'm kinda freaked out and cant think straight.

Thanks,
    Nikos
    Classe SSP-800, Classe CA-5200, B&W 803D, B&W HTM2D, JL Audio Fathom f113 Subwoofer, Rotel RMB-1077(for sale), Oppo DV-983H, Panasonic PT-AE900U Xbox360, Sony PS3, Samsung 8000 Series 55" LCD, Klipsch promedia 5.1 ultra for PC
  • rick c
    • Aug 2004

i would pop in another dvd to see what happens.If it plays ok then it's "the departed "dvd thats out of whack.

Comment

• nikos
      • Dec 2005

I wish...

I said in the post I checked with optical and analog feeds... where I should've explained I checked CD, DVD, DirectTV ...all using different feeds to different inputs..and have the same result...

So its not the source... I can tell you that much.

N
      Classe SSP-800, Classe CA-5200, B&W 803D, B&W HTM2D, JL Audio Fathom f113 Subwoofer, Rotel RMB-1077(for sale), Oppo DV-983H, Panasonic PT-AE900U Xbox360, Sony PS3, Samsung 8000 Series 55" LCD, Klipsch promedia 5.1 ultra for PC

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

We need to narrow down whether it's the 1077 or 1057. Can you flip-flop the the front left/right cables on the 1077 and see if the problem moves?

You can also toggle the hard power switch on the back of the 1057 and see if it comes back up.

Kevin D.

Comment

• nikos
          • Dec 2005

Kevin you're the MAN!!! ;x( I was hoping you would be on and reply :W

I had unplugged the power cords and flipped the switch...with no results.

but when I unplugged the Left Front and moved it to the right to see what happens I noticed the other channels where working.... so I flipped back things to exactly the way they where...and it works... go figure...

I'm using BackUPS Pro UPS and dont see a short....

As long as it works ....right?

Thanks again for the quick response...I can now enjoy tonight The Departed...which is an awesome movie and have been waiting to see it again...

Nikos

Comment

• Kevin D
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2002

Interesting.. The bad weather snow or storm related? I've seen some crazy temporary things happen in lightning storms.

Keep an eye on it and let us know if it acts up again.

Kevin D.

Comment

• ejuanpiman
              • Nov 2006

kevin's always the MAN !

Comment

• Clepto
                • Feb 2006

My 1077 was doing something similar, no right surround... checked all cables, was fine, switched the left and right surrounds from the processor preout... nothing, then when i switched back, all good.

Comment

• Kevin D
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Oct 2002

weird.... Everyone keep me updated, let's see if we get a tread.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"