X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TommyV
    • Feb 2007

Harmony Remote w/ Rotel

I am considering getting a Harmony 550. Does logitech have all the codes to control my Rotel receiver or will it have to learn everything? Has anyone had difficulty with it switching inputs since on the Rotel remote you have to press and hold the button until it switches? Any experience would be appreciated
  • ICEMAN70
    • Apr 2006

Hi Tommy,

I don't have the Harmony 550, but i do have the 880 and it works great with all my Rotel Setup. Very easy to setup. So i would think 550 should have everything to control your system. Did you tought about getting the 880?

Cheers,

Comment

• Blindamood
      • Sep 2003

I use the Harmony 676 with my Rotel setup and love it. I do remember having to 'teach' it to select the Multi-Channel input, but I believe that was really it. The main incentive for the Harmony is for the family to be able to operate the system easily, but I still use the Rotel remote for advanced processor functions (those that no one else really needs to access).

For me the 676 had the most logical layout/position of the transport buttons (e.g,. Play, Fast Forward, etc.).

I also use a 676 in my two-channel setup (in another room), so it is nice to be able to change the faceplate on the remote to distinguish the two.
      Brad

Comment

• dthree
        • Feb 2007

Did you guys change the delay setting in your harmony? I find my reciever volume hard to control because of a delay between button press and reciever response. The original reciever's remote doesn't have this problem so I assume I can change the logitech's delay to 0ms.

Comment

• Blindamood
          • Sep 2003

Yeah, when I first got this, I held it down too long...went REAL loud!
          Brad

Comment

• eidehli
            • Feb 2007

I just changed inter-key delay to 0 ms, without experiencing any problems so far. I am using H895 with a wireless extender, controlling an RSP 1068. When using the deafult 100 ms delay setting, commands got buffered and reached max volume long after releasing the remote volume up key. Now it works similar to the Rotel remote.

The main reason I tried this change was to see if I could get the panel display to switch off by holding down the Menu key on the Harmony remote for 5 seconds, similar to what I do on the Rotel remote. Unfortunately this didnĀ“t work. See my separate thread on this issue.

Comment

• dthree
              • Feb 2007

Haha, I did the same thing, it was like 2am when I finished setting up the reciever and I nearly shook the house awake. I'll try 0ms, thanks.

Comment

• TommyV
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ICEMAN70
                Hi Tommy,

I don't have the Harmony 550, but i do have the 880 and it works great with all my Rotel Setup. Very easy to setup. So i would think 550 should have everything to control your system. Did you tought about getting the 880?

Cheers,

Thanks for the response! To be honest I have not decided. It is kind of between the 550, 670 and 880. I am leaning toward the 550 because it is attractive and the buttons are well laid out and it seems that it would be able to do everything I would need. I would hate to buy a remote though and go "darn I wish I would have bought the better one cause this one won't do (insert whatever)!" What would I be missing out on if I went with the 550 over the 880?

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"