X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • flyboylr45
    • Jan 2007

The cover for my digital....

The cover for my digital out output in my RSP 1068 broke!!! Have no clue how. The connector will not hold the cable in. Does anyone know if this is a fix I can do myself by buying the plastic cover or does this unit have to be sent back to the factory? Do they even sell the cover by itself?

• Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

I've never successfully replaced a cover on one of those (and honestly wish everyone would go back to the 'plugged until needed' type).

The optical connectors are part of the digital board and it would most likely need to be replaced. How old is the unit? If it's under a year you might be able to get the 1068 exchanged under their new warranty policy.

For now, usually one wrap of black electrical tape around the end that plugs in will hold it snug.

Kevin D.

Comment

• flyboylr45
      • Jan 2007

Actually the unit is about 3 weeks old. I called the guy who sold it to me and he is finding out what can be done. I didn't know that under the new warranty they would just give me a new one. How does that work? What is the new warranty?

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

In North America a failure in the first year gives you a brand new replacement. A failure in year two gives you a b-stock replacement. Years 3-5 are the standard repair procedures.

By definition a broken cover should fall under the replacement procedure, but I don't make the calls.

Kevin D.

Comment

• flyboylr45
          • Jan 2007

I'm gonna be all over that as soon as I get back from my trip!!!! :T

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"