X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NicholasT
    • Feb 2007

Getting static sound from right channel with Rotel RA1062/RCD1072

I just purchased a Rotel RA-1062 integrated amp with the RCD-1072 CD player. I connected them to a pair of Pennaudio Rebel 2 speakers with Audioquest Type 4 speaker cable. I have all the components connected to a PS Audio Juice Bar outlet. I played a some CDs on the first day and it seemed to be working fine. On the second day, I started getting some static or crackly sounds from the right channel. It happens sometimes in between songs or during a song. It also happens when I raise the volume to about 7 or 8 oclock on the amp.

I checked the connections on the speaker cable and the interconnects and they are all connected properly. I switched out the interconnects with a pair of Monster M550i to test and I still get the static from the right speaker channel. So I switched the speakers around and I still get the same static sound from the right channel. Finally, we turned off the speakers via the Speaker Selector switch on the amp and plugged in some headphones and we still got a static or light popping sound from the right channel.

We even switched outlets by plugging the 1062 amp directly into the wall outlet rather than the PS Audio bar and still got the same results.

Is it the CD player or the amp that could be causing it? We just barely bought it from a local dealer and now it seems we have to pack them up and get an exchnage already..hopefully.

Nick
  • bigburner
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2005

Hi Nick, and welcome.

Have you swapped the interconnects around so that the Left on the RCD-1072 is going to the Right on the RA-1062? If the problem moves to the left speaker then the RCD-1072 is at fault. If the problem stays with the right speaker then the RA-1062 is at fault.

Nigel.

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

Being an intergrated amp, he's swapped the only pair of interconnects he has. So it's looks like it's the 1062.

Kevin D.

Comment

• NicholasT
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by bigburner
        Hi Nick, and welcome.

Have you swapped the interconnects around so that the Left on the RCD-1072 is going to the Right on the RA-1062? If the problem moves to the left speaker then the RCD-1072 is at fault. If the problem stays with the right speaker then the RA-1062 is at fault.

Nigel.
        Nigel,

I will go ahead and give that a try and see if the static sounds move to the left speaker.

Thanks for responding.

Nicholas

Comment

• Kevin D
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Oct 2002

Ah, misunderstood. Didn't realize you hadn't flip-flopped left-right interconnects yet.

Kevin D.

Comment

• NicholasT
            • Feb 2007

Okay, I switched the interconnects around as Nigel said and the crackling sound moved to the left speaker. The only thing is it doesn't happen as often as with the right.

So I guess this confirms that it's the RCD-1072? Or should I exchange the amp also just to be safe?

I am thinking I just might go with a RB1070 with the matching RC1070 instead.

Update, okay I just connected our DVD player to the RA-1062 and I am playing a CD. So far there is no static or popping sounds from either channel. I am going to play the entire CD just to make sure.

I am sure it's the RCD-1072 so I am going to exchange it tomorrow.

Comment

• bigburner
              Super Senior Member
              • May 2005

Originally posted by NicholasT

I am sure it's the RCD-1072 so I am going to exchange it tomorrow.
              Let us know how you get on Nick.

Comment

• NicholasT
                • Feb 2007

I talked to the sales guy yesterday and he agreed (after talking to his boss) to let me exchange the defective CDP for a another one. He said they were out of stock with the silver ones so he ordered some more from their distributor.

I don't see how he could not let me exchange it since their exchange policy clearly states that I could return it for a refund with seven days for whatever reason.

So I am off to the waiting game..

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"