How can I turn off the 1068 panel display from a Harmony remote?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eidehli
    • Feb 2007

How can I turn off the 1068 panel display from a Harmony remote?

Has anybody succeeded in turning the 1068 panel display off from a programmable remote, in particular the Harmony 890?

I have not found any commands in the Logitech database for doing this, neither have I been able to use the learn function on the Harmony to transfer this command from the original Rotel remote.

What is actually being sent from the Rotel remote when keeping the Menu button pressed for 3-4 seconds? A long sequnce of regular Menu button commands?

I would have preferred to turn the display permanently off in the setup, but for some odd reason this option is not available on the 1068 (my firmware version is 1.2.2).
  • shades
    • Mar 2005

eidehi,
    I have the 890 with a 1056 and all i did was set it up via the harmony website, told the command how i use the remote in terms of what it controls and had no problem with any of the commands. I even set a few that i didn't like. I never tried the learn from remote to remote. I'll take a look tonight and see what i come up with.

Peter
    B&W, McIntosh, Rotel, PS3, OPPO, Pioneer, Cat Cables, Sound Anchors

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

A lot of universal remotes won't auto-repeat a single command that's not normally repeating. IE, even though the Rotel remote is repeating the command, the Harmony is going to look at the hex string and know what the true single command is.

You might have to get some one at Harmony on the phone and see if the menu key can be set to repeating.

Kevin D.

Comment

• EAmin
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by eidehli
        Has anybody succeeded in turning the 1068 panel display off from a programmable remote, in particular the Harmony 890?

I have not found any commands in the Logitech database for doing this, neither have I been able to use the learn function on the Harmony to transfer this command from the original Rotel remote.

What is actually being sent from the Rotel remote when keeping the Menu button pressed for 3-4 seconds? A long sequnce of regular Menu button commands?

I would have preferred to turn the display permanently off in the setup, but for some odd reason this option is not available on the 1068 (my firmware version is 1.2.2).
        I haven't tried this with my 659, but I would suggest posting at remotecentral.com in the Harmony Remote section.

Comment

• DrJRapp
          Super Senior Member
          • Apr 2003

I've found Harmony tech support to be terrific when it comes to specialized functions. Give them a shout. The wait on the phone may be long, or you can have them call you back.
          Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• eidehli
            • Feb 2007

I am still very interested in getting feedback from anyone who has managed to turn off the panel display on their RSP 1068 from a programmed remote. Is it "possible"? What command sequence is actually sent? Does the downloadable Pronto definitions on the Rotel web site include a command for switching panel display on/off? Or does the Menu button behave the same way on the Pronto as on the Rotel remote?

(I have many times wondered why there is not a permanent panel display off setting in the RSP 1068 setup menu, or why Rotel has not included better support for this obvious and frequent need in any of their later firmware upgrades.)

Logitech support has generously helped me with modifications to some commands for my set top tuner. However, they have not yet been able to come up with a solution that lets me turn off the panel display from the H895:

"Unfortunately, we are unable to add the necessary duration to the Menu command. We would suggest adding the Menu command to your button customization for that activity."

I have just tried changing the inter-key delay to 0 ms. I had a vague hope that keeping the Menu button pressed would now turn off Panel Display after 5 seconds the way the original remote works, but nothing happens (I have only tested with the wireless extender so far).

Anyway, changing the delay to 0 ms did the trick for the volume up and down buttons, making them behave similar to the original remote, i.e. when kept pressed the volume first changes slowly, then much more rapidly, yet stops changing immediately when releasing the buttons. With the 100 ms default, commands somehow got buffered, making the volume up behaviour highly dangerous.

Comment

• ghostbuster
              • May 2003

Does anyone know the solution for this problem ? Just bought the Harmony One and can't turn the TFT screen off with it ?

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"