X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BasementJax
    • Jan 2007

RVE-1060 on Rotel site

I just noticed the RVE-1060 (including manual) is now on the Rotel web site. Looks like they're using a Faroudja chip instead of the NS ASIC the 1070 was based on.

A quick look at the manual shows it's about what you'd expect feature-wise for the price. Passing the OSD through serial is a nice touch. I was surprised to find that it doesn't downscale... Oh well.

I'm curious to see the reivews on this one.
  • Blindamood
    • Sep 2003

I saw that up there yesterday as well. How can you tell what type of chip it uses?

Still wondering why anyone would buy one of these. Price is high, only scales to 1080i, and only has two hdmi inputs. I really don't get what Rotel is thinking on this one.
    Brad

Comment

• BasementJax
      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Blindamood
      I saw that up there yesterday as well. How can you tell what type of chip it uses?
      I made that assumption based on the Key Features list in the intro section of the manual:

"Videophile-grade Farodja line-doubling and scaling up to high-definition resolutions."

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Blindamood

Still wondering why anyone would buy one of these. Price is high, only scales to 1080i, and only has two hdmi inputs. I really don't get what Rotel is thinking on this one.
        I don't think it's really going to be marketed as a top of the line scaler for every user out there. What it does do is fill a niche needed for a good percentage of Rotel customers (probably not the percentage that comes here).

After reading the manual, the integration with their own processors looks pretty trick. It's a good way to get some HDMI support and better picture on other sources without having to do anything different then you used to.

In other words, the person that truly needs 4 HDMI inputs and 1080p scaling is probably going to go with the uber-scaler from whoever has the best one at the moment anyway (and will probably switch when another 'new-guy' comes along).

Kevin D.

Comment

• ICEMAN70
          • Apr 2006

My dealer quoted me $1300 Canadian for this thing last week. 8O

I think i'll pass.

Comment

• imbeaujp
            • Nov 2007

Hello, I am considerint the RVE-1060 to add HDMI switching on my RSP-1098 and to get better image from standard DVD or TV program on my 720P Plasma.

Does anyone have that product with the RSP-1098 ?
            Jean-Pierre Imbeau

ROTEL: RSP-1098|RT-1080|RCD-1072|RDV-1060|RLC-1040|RB-1080x2|RMB-1075
            PIONEER: ELITE PRO-940HD|BDP-HD1|inno
            YAMAHA: NS-1000|NS-1000M|CA-1010|CT-1000|TC-1000|YP-1000
            PEARLESS: XXLS-12x4|BEHRINGER DSP-1124

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"