X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oscar135
    • Jul 2002

Rotel RSP-1066

Hello all!! I'm new to the forum and would really appreciate some advice. I recently sold an RSP-980, RDA-975 & RDA980. I was going to upgrade to the 1066. After reading through this forum, I was sure I was going to buy the RSP-1006 until I read about the Big Brother. My local dealer also advised me they were working on a new one. Does anyone have any information on the new model? I emailed Rotel with questions and did not get any response. I'm in a position where I could pick up an RSP-985 for 800.00. This would hold me over until the new one was available. I am concerned about some of the reviews I've read about the 985. I know the 1066 is feature packed, but would I see an improvement between the 985 and my old gear?
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Hi Oscar welcome to the forum! I have been talking with the Rotel guys frequently over these past few months and they've mentioned the new model a few times but haven't told me much about it other then to say that some of the things we've requested for the 1066 might be incorporated into the new model due out something this fall/winter. I would imagne that they'll sound pretty close to each other with the new model offering better video switching (for hi def signals), more digital inputs etc and a new remote. There really isn't any other DSP modes available except maybe THX Ultra so its not likely going to offer much over the 1066 in that respect. If I were in your shoes what I would do is look hard at the 1066 and see if it offers what you need, if so jump on it now and enjoy it. If its missing something you need then maybe wait but I can say the 1066 is an awesome unit.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"