X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • redwings99
    • Jan 2007

Stacking Components

Hi.

Saw a bit of discussion on this but not sure if it was the same components. Apoligize if it's a repeat.

Anyway, is it acceptable to stack an RCD-1072 on top of a 1068 pre?

Thx.
  • jayhawk75
    • Apr 2006

i have 1072 4" and wood separation above a 1067 and am very worried about the heat situation. so i guess the question is how warm your 1068 is getting always better to get separation if possible.

Comment

• wheelz7
      • Nov 2005

my 1068 gets very warm and i dont stack it ,but if i did i would put the 1068 on top and the 1072 underneath.

Comment

• Ted
        • May 2006

:agree:

I think you are better off to place the 1068 on the 1072 if you have to stack the two together, otherwise the 1068 may not be too happy. :M

Hope the helps...
        Ted

"I've gone to this high school for seven and a half years - I'm no dummy." - Better Off Dead opcorn:

Comment

• voxy
          • Jan 2005

Ted is right...

Comment

• chinets
            • Jun 2005

I believe 1068 is heavier than the 1072 ,as the 1068 is a pre and the 1072 a CD player, therefore, I would put the 1072 over the 1068 IMHO!! If there is too much heat, then I would NOT stack them, but if you MUST stack them, then 1072 over the 1068 ,and get 2 nice quiet Fans like I have to cool them off.
            My 2 cents,
            Cheers

Comment

• redwings99
              • Jan 2007

What kind of fans do you recommend?

Comment

• chinets
                • Jun 2005

Computer fans, or silent fans that I bough in the U.K. that run at 220 V and I run them on 110 V ,so there is absolutely NO sound whatsover, because I down regulate the Voltage!!
                Cheers1

Comment

• mike c
                  • Dec 2005

Originally posted by chinets
                  Computer fans, or silent fans that I bough in the U.K. that run at 220 V and I run them on 110 V ,so there is absolutely NO sound whatsover, because I down regulate the Voltage!!
                  Cheers1

is that really safe for the 220v fan? or will it shorten its life?

Comment

• chinets
                    • Jun 2005

Yes, it is safe to run a 220V fan at 110V ,because it has lower revolution ,so the life span will be longer ,as you are running it at half it's required juice, and it gives you a very silent sound too..Trust me on this one. By the way computer fans etc,.. are quite cheap, and your player will need that if it gets over heated. You can afford to kill 100 fans, but one player or equipment that gtes busted due to heat will destroy your pocket, unless you are still under guaranty by the manufacurer, and then you will have to wait till it is fixed. A fan can go belly up and replace it within 24 hours at cheapo $$. Now does that make sense to you?
                    Cheers

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    😂
                    🥰
                    😘
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😞
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"