X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ejuanpiman
    • Nov 2006

wilson audio...

guys i need opinions on ppl on what they would do or what they think would sound better, right now i have rotel rx-1052 stereo reciever and rotel rcd-1072, b&w 705's, would you change the rotel gear for classe ca-2200, cp-500, and cdp-102 or would you just keep the rotel gear and change the 705's over to wilson audios duette's?, according to my dealer he told me it would be by far much better to change the 705's to the wilson's, he said the rotel to classe change would be very "subtle"...
  • shadow 8
    • Aug 2004

Speakers are always a much greater change for better or worse than electronics.

Comment

• Audiophiliac
      • Apr 2006

Get the Wilsons! And THEN upgrade to Classe piece at a time.

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
        Super Senior Member
        • Oct 2003

Hi,

The Duets are amazing quality and a equally amazing price (high) like all other Wilson Audio products.. For the price (something like US $11000) you could get a lot of other speakers as well (like B&W 802D) for less than that... But if you need the great soumd in the small space and can afford it why not...

However - be warned. IMO is is 100% certain that after you get the Duets you will feel the need to upgrade your amplificaton to have more cleaner power than the Rotel reciever can supply... Whenther this is the next day or after a few months it will happen... So be prepared to (at a minumum) get something like the Rotel RB-1092 amp to drive them... Or save up for the Classe etc later...

Equally if you have the space for less than the Duette (RRP) you could get both the B&W 802D and the Rotel RB-1092 and not have to upgrade....

Listen and consider

Geoff

Comment

• ejuanpiman
          • Nov 2006

well ill take your advie aussie, i really dont like the idea of the wilsons, i dont like how they look, i do prefer b&w's so on monday i will audition the 802's and the duette's

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"