X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • j_nathalia
    • Dec 2006

RSP-1066 and IR out

I do have the RSP-1066 in conjunction with the RDV-1060. The RSP is upfront and the RDV is located in the cabinet.

I'm using IR out 1/2 to pass the IR signal received by the RSP to the RDV. However no signal is passed.

When I read the manual it seems like the RSP only receives IR signals for its own. The only way to pass IR signals is to have an external IR receiver that is connected to EXT REM which then controls the RDV.

This seems to me pretty silly since I need the RSP and an IR receiver to pass the signal to the RDV. Who has experience with this? (I have the latest ROM 2.2.27 which is not out yet!)
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

The IR sensor inside of the 1066 will be focused on a certain set of frequencies that won't be compatible with every device out there.

In addition, typically if any device is hidden, they will all be hidden. The EXT IN, IR OUT allows you to use only one output of an IR system and daisy chain compatible devices. Also the ZONE IN allows the same without having to run two emitters/cables to each device.

So in a system design standpoint it makes more sense then only allowing the IR OUTS to control certain equipment that happen to share IR frequencies with the 1066.

Kevin D.

Comment

• j_nathalia
      • Dec 2006

@Kevin,

I'm trying to understand your reply which is not 100% clear.

Are you saying the RSP-1066 could possibly not share the frequencies with certain equipment (in case the RDV-1060)?

This would mean although the RSP-1066 and RDV-1066 are from the same supplier, the RSP-1066 is not able to control the RDV-1060. If so, is there any other way to control the RDV-1066 when it is located in a closed cabinet.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"