X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David L.
    • Jul 2006

New feet for RCD-1072?

I recently purchased a Rotel RCD-1072 and I remember reading somewhere about installing new feet.

My question is, is this something that will be worth the extra investment as far as sound is concerned? Will there be a noticable difference in sound quality over the stock feet? There was also mention of upgrading the power cord, too.

I have it hooked up to my RSP-1068 in bypass mode with an RMB-1075 and Paradigm Studio 60 V2 and it sounds fine. Do any of you find that these changes are necessary to get the best sound from this unit? Thanks for any advice you can give.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Yes and no. That's the two answers you're going to get. Most of these threads turn ugly pretty quick so I'll be keeping my eye out.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Azeke
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2003

I'll help you keep an eye out Kevin , however I remain positive that this thread will maintain its civility .

David L, the theory goes that if you add feet (isolators) that this will minimize vibrations, jitter, etc. and add to your audio experience.

The powercord, the only way I can see that being worth an investment, is that you're running a long distance or you need additional insulation, but most of the time I don't believe it is needed. This of course, is just my humble opinion.

I am sure you will get some very civil contrasting opinions on this subject.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• stantheman2
        • Apr 2004

Try a set of Vibrapods. Inexpensive, and I did notice a difference when I put them under my Denon DVD player. Tighter bass, and slightly cleaner sound overall. Maybe it was only the placebo effect, but for less then $30, cheaper than most other audio "prescription drugs".

Comment

• voxy
          • Jan 2005

Well the DHcones work well on my pre-amp but not on the CDP.

Try using spikes with a base. Use blu tak on the top and stick small rubber feet to the metal base. Place one leg under the transformer and another under the transport, finally use the third to balance the unit. Noticeable sonic improvements in the mid and you get more "air" out of the music... highly recommended for CDP.... and cheap.
          Last edited by voxy; 29 January 2007, 04:04 Monday.

Comment

• Iggurk
            • Jun 2006

Hello!

Ceraball is for me the ultimate (not crazy expensive) feet for electronics, the improvement is amazing on CDP, but also on amp.

I personally also placed a heavy granite plate on my furniture, with absorbing pads (Stabren mesure) between, then used the Ceraball between the CDP and granite.

Yves

Comment

• David L.
              • Jul 2006

Thanks to all for responding with your opinions and recommendations. Unfortunately, my television just fried tonight so I guess even inexpensive feet have to go on hold for now.

I really wanted to get a widescreen TV but wasn't ready to take the plunge so soon. Oh well, guess I have to now.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"