X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rick c
    • Aug 2004

do i have my crossovers correct?

I'm trying to see if i have my system setup correctly.I have a rotel rsx1056,B&w 603s3's w/lcr600 and a martin logan grotto sub.Right now my settings consist of 60hz for the 603s3's and lcr600 and 80hz for my surrounds.In the reciever i have the sub setting at 60hz also.The speakers are set to small,except i have the stereo/music settings in the reciever for the fronts as large.Additionally the sub level settings in the reciever are set to max,except in the stereo/music settings.I had also calibrated with the RS analog meter with the present settings.I hope i explained this correctly.Would appreciate any insight or opinions especially from those who have the rsx1056 or the like.thanks.
  • miner
    • Mar 2005

I generally like to have a bit of overlap between mains & sub. i.e.: mains = 60 Hz, sub = 65 Hz

Comment

• asacam
      • Mar 2003

Grotto and Rotel

I just added an ML Grotto to Kef 104.2's and a Rotel RSX-1055. I have all my sub input levels on the Rotel set at zero. I have the sub set for Max. My Rotel to sub crossover is 60. I am only running the sub line level out. By the way, all my speakers are now set to small, even though my Kef's can handle a good range. It made the upper bass and midrange more punchy and articulate. It all sounds sweet.

Comment

• artv4
        • Jun 2007

Originally posted by rick c
        I'm trying to see if i have my system setup correctly.I have a rotel rsx1056,B&w 603s3's w/lcr600 and a martin logan grotto sub.Right now my settings consist of 60hz for the 603s3's and lcr600 and 80hz for my surrounds.In the reciever i have the sub setting at 60hz also.The speakers are set to small,except i have the stereo/music settings in the reciever for the fronts as large.Additionally the sub level settings in the reciever are set to max,except in the stereo/music settings.I had also calibrated with the RS analog meter with the present settings.I hope i explained this correctly.Would appreciate any insight or opinions especially from those who have the rsx1056 or the like.thanks.
        we share the same setup (except the sub). sounds like you are on the right track for settings. i found that setting the lcr600 to 80hz made the center sound less throaty. i set my front to large due to me using an external amp to power them (rotel rb-991). what happened to the marantz?
        GO Revel!!!!! (powered by ;x( Anthem)

Comment

• Isaac
          • Jan 2006

For a HOME THEATER setup set the actual SUBWOOFER crossover to crossover bypass. You don't want more than 1 crossover in the loop, cascading crossovers cause problems, including a loss in bass level. For the rest of the system, set the reciever/processor to 80hz on all the speakers, its what THX recomends. By directing the correct speakers to produce the frequency they are made to produce without nearing their rolloff limits makes your system sound more dynamic and makes it work more efficient.
          Last edited by Isaac; 10 July 2008, 04:50 Thursday.

Comment

• style
            Super Senior Member
            • Feb 2006

Hi,

I have my 803d at 60hz, the center htm2D at 80hz (surround too).

For the sub (B&W750) is not easy sometime 80hz. but too 60hz. (DD,DTS +2bd)

Greetings Omar

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"