X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woo Wooooo
    • May 2004

Would YOU do this?

I have a Monstercable HPS-5100 http://www.monstercable.com/power/pr...erence%20Power I going to sell it to my friend for about $320 bucks and then turn around and buy the Rotel RLC-1040. What do you guys think? I'm building a rack in the wall and would like all my rotel gear to match. Any out there have the rotel 1040, any feedback would be good if you do. what are the pros and cons.....

• Blindamood
    • Sep 2003

I'm thinking about doing this myself (replacing a Panamax MAX5100). I currently have an APC H15 in my two-channel system, which is the non-Rotel branded equivalent.

The nicest thing about the RLC-1040 in this price range is the voltage regulation.

Search the forum and you will find many previous reponses as well.
    Brad

Comment

• Woo Wooooo
      • May 2004

The other thing I'm trying to figure out is it a step "down" from the "M" 5100 to the rotel? 8O

Comment

• Tha Freak
        • Jul 2003

Is it important to have a ACL or DLP RPTV connected to a regulator AND also a battery back up (if power failiure, the internal cooling fan can still work) or it's not a big issue with Rear projection sets ?

If so, the RLC-1080 is quite interesting...

what are the price tag for both model ?
        - - - - - - - - - -

"Are you gonna bark all day little doggy?...or are you gonna bite?

Comment

• miner
          • Mar 2005

Rlc 1040 = 549

Rlc 1080 = 1500

Comment

• Blindamood
            • Sep 2003

According to the price sheet posted here (sticky), it's more like:

RLC-1040 = $499
            RLC-1080 = $1599
            Brad

Comment

• Boone38
              • Dec 2004

I had the Monster 5100 II and currently have the Rotel 1040. As for sound and video quality, I could not tell the difference. But that is what you want. However, in terms of build quality the Rotel ( APC) wins hands down. I also very much like the line conditioning. I had the Rotel 1068/1075 and 1092 and the look was awsome. Just upgraded to the Classe amps and Anthem pre/pro and kept the Rotel in the mix.
              My vote would be to let the 5100 go and order the 1040.

Comment

• Pez
                • May 2004

I sold my Panamax 5300 to get the RLC for two reasons:

1) I wanted all (or just about all) my gear to be rotel
                2) wanted to see how the 1040 compared to the 5300 as I was never really that impressed/happy with the 5300.

It turned out to be a great decision. Perfect example - Every now and then my apartment has power issues and we will lose power several times over a week and then its fine. With the 5300 I would always lose my settings in the 1068. With the 1040 when I lose power all my settings in the 1068 hold. Based on this I would say I hated the 5300 and felt like it wasnt doing anything. I fully recommend the 1040.

Comment

• rdram
                  • Mar 2005

I never owned a 5100, so as to whether or not you should sell your 5100 for the Rotel, I can offer no direct comparisons. But...there's always a but...last weekend I did finally buy the RLC 1040 to complete my system (for now at least). It was replacing the basic Monster strip...I think the HTS1000...that I had bought five years ago or so.

My basic first impressions of the 1040 were that it seems to be a well built component, with a useful display (that you can toggle between voltage in/voltage out, a percentage of use scale, voltage out/amps out) which has a six position dimmer+off, that does what I want it to do as far as surge protection, filtering and voltage regulation. As far as the voltage regulation, I can attest to the fact that it does correct voltage.

I don't have a separate 20A circuirt for my equipment, but the room I have everything in is on a separate 15A breaker. Except for a lamp, there's nothing else plugged into any AC outlets in the room, so power has never been an issue. Last weekend when I bought the 1040, I decided to completely disassemble my equipment rack, to rearrange and clean everything. When I had it all back together and running, I turned on the vacuum cleaner (which was plugged into one of the outlets in the room) for something, and noticed that the indicator light for under voltage, called Line Boost had come on. Sure enough, with the vacuum running, the voltage had dropped to 113V in, and was corrected to 117V out. Pretty cool.

With that, and the fact that it matches the other Rotel gear and has a five year warranty...how can you go wrong. Maybe its time to purge the monster.
                  Don't know if your stuff is black or silver, so I'll try and attach a couple pictures of the black version of the 1040.

Rich

Comment

• rdram
                    • Mar 2005

Arrgghhh...where did the pictures go??? Could somebody give me a brief on how to attach a picture to a post?

Comment

• H.Donald
                      • Aug 2004

I purchased a 1040 when they first hit the market,even tho I had a 5100 doing it's job.
                      As people have said,vanity is something else...I just wanted everything to match.
                      I now use the 5100 on the other side...believe I have the DVD,my son's X-Box,a VCR...don't why....plugged into it.
                      The rest of my gear is into the 1040.I can tell no difference in performance....but I do love that voltage booster!

Comment

• Club1820
                        • Jan 2006

I also bought the 1040 to match all my other rotel equipment. I think it looks so much sweeter than if I had any other conditioner. Plus it did already help me with two problems. A ground loop caused by my cable connection and it has already kicked in a couple of times when voltage hit 116 v and it output 122 v.

The ground loop was eliminated immediately once I hooked the cable signal to the 1040 and then back out to the TV. Incredible. Saved me $50 so I didnt have to buy the Jensen transformer.

I got mine for $450 from my dealer.

Get the 1040.
                        Rotel 1068, Rotel 1060, Rotel 1055, Rotel 1095, Rotel 956, Rotel RLC-1040, M&K VX-860 Sub, Whatmough M30s, Squeezebox 3

Comment

• Pez
                          • May 2004

I should note that I didnt notice an improvement in sound with the 1040 over the panamax but i also wasnt expecting it to. However I do feel my equipment is "safer" with the 1040, call it piece of mind.

Comment

• Woo Wooooo
                            • May 2004

thanks for the input guys I will order a 1040 tomorrow!! guess the monster will take a back seat...oh guess it's up for sale now....guess I could use it to clean up the power if I plug my dyson into it!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            😂
                            🥰
                            😘
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😞
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"