X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tagman
    • Jan 2007

do amp lights stay on with 12v trigger?

Hi everyone,

I am new on the forum even though I have been following the forum for awhile. My system consists of a 1075, and a 1080 amp hooked up to my
    1068 processor. I had it professionally installed. The technician hooked up the 12v trigger, but when I shut down the system the lights on the amps stay on. Is this normal?

When I checked the rotel manual it said the amps go into standby. Does this mean the amps stay on?

Please any answers would be greatly appreciated. I love this forum, and my new components. Thank you.

Tommy
  • Iggurk
    • Jun 2006

Hello!

it's totally normal, there is no way to know if amp is on or off.

Except when you turn it on you have the red lights that just goes on for a short time.

Comment

• mjb
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

Yes, its normal - the amp(s) light(s) stay on. The amp is in standby, but you wouldn't know it by looking at the front panel. The only indication is perhaps a relay clunk and the protection LEDs might flash when the trigger is de-activated, ie, at standby.
      - Mike

Main System:
      B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
      Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• tagman
        • Jan 2007

thanks guys, I was thinking that maybe the led would at least change colors. Guess not.

The manual doesn't say that the light stays on,and the reason I was
        a little concerned was because I read quite few threads about people having problems with the 12v trigger.

So far these components are flawless, and my wife says she hears more detail in our music, and concert dvd's.

I guess the dynaudio focus 220's helpa little also. Thanks.

Tommy

Comment

• Clepto
          • Feb 2006

My amp's front LED stays lit, but the internal leds do go off... Not sure if you can see you internal LED's, or if that particular amp has them...

My 1077 for example has 4? leds inside, sort of a yellowish green color, but the blue front LED stays on.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"