X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • flyboylr45
    • Jan 2007

My first Rotel!!!

I finally bought my first 2 Rotels. The RMB 1075 and the RSP 1068. In the future I want to get the 1092. I love the way these things sound. I think that they sound a little bit better than my Musical Fidelity A3.2 integrated amplifier. Anyway, do you guys have any suggestions as to what I could do to improve the sound even more?? Where would you add acoustic treatments ect... This is the family room. It opens into the kitchen so it's about 3000 cubic feet. What kind of subwoofer could fill this space. Thanks for any suggestions!!

My RMB 1075 and RSP 1068

front and center channel

front speakers Monitor Audio S6

adcom gcd 750

my room.

My wife wants to move the tv where the two paintings are!!!??? What do you guys think.

Thanks
    Attached Files
  • joetama
    • May 2006

Nice setup... Enjoy that Rotel!
    -Joe

Comment

• gianni
      • Nov 2002

Enjoy your new Rotels flyboy.

So I'm guessing that's Lear 45? If so, where you based?

Comment

• scanido
        • Apr 2006

I understand how you feel. I came from an Yamaha HTR-5730 to a Rotel RSX-1057 and the difference is phenomenal. I should have made this leap a long time ago.

Enjoy your new Rotels!

Comment

• flyboylr45
          • Jan 2007

Thanks guys. It is a big difference from my old Onkyo receiver.

I am based in south florida!! :W

Comment

• DSGCobra
            • Feb 2003

how many remotes are on the couch? definetly need some sort of universal. Nice setup too.

Comment

• Iggurk
              • Jun 2006

Hello!

Wait some time for the electronics to burn in, you will notice some improvment.

First thing to do IMHO:

1) Spikes on speakers, speakers on carpet is far from perfect. Try really heavy and stable granite plate below, because spikes on carpet isn't good too. Soundcare superspikes are really good.

2) Speakers position, that's really important, I've obtained best result by aligning them with listening position, I just see a small part of the internal side.

3) Feet for electronics, Ceraball are impressive, especially under amp and source.

4) Better power source, better power cords, also try to avoid ground loop.

5) Room improvement. Window on the back is far from perfect, that reflect too much sound, but you cannot really do a lot of thing, 1-2 absorber on left/right could perhaps help. Absorbant also on the right wall, just at the level of the speaker, 1m should be enough as a start. To test buy a very big piece of glass wool, that give and appro idea if that kind of thing could help.
              Try more heavy curtains too (also good to darken the room quickly)

Moving the tv as your wife suggest could also improve, because you won't have a big hole on the left and a wall on the right, you will have two wall, give it a try.

6) Speakers cables and modulation, try to borrow some different brands, that could dramatically affect the sound.

7) a very good furniture for the electronics, try also granite or heavy wood plate below the CD, with some damping material like straben pads between the plate and furniture, that change the sound quite a bit.

Improving sound is endless, you will always have a weak point, but what's sure is that a well set system will sound much much better than the same system just out of the box.

Personally I test, test, test, and test again, all that I can, and sometimes I found something great. Best buy from last year was the Ceraball and DIY power conditioner.

Regards
              Yves

Comment

• Nuthed
                • Jan 2007

Iggurk , what do you believe the granite does? As far as those isolating products you mention, those as for that last nth degree of performance. Lets face it, Rotel is tons of bang for the buck and all I'll ever need, but if we were interested in the absolute best out there we'd have something more expensive. We are getting a taste of the high end with Rotel and it is definitely a hugh step up from Onkyo, Pioneer, Kenwood, Yamaha, Denon, HK, NAD, and yada, yada, yada. Stick with Rotel, some Paradigms or B&Ws, good cables and sit back and relax.
                Main System

RSX-972 driving center and surrounds
                RB980-BX driving mains
                Paradigm Monitor 9s V5
                Paradigm Monitor C-390 V5
                Paradigm Monitor Atoms V5
                SVS PB-12

Comment

• wb2fcr
                  • Dec 2005

Congrats from a fellow RM-1075 and the RSP-1068 owner!
                  Dave

Comment

• flyboylr45
                    • Jan 2007

Actually I just sold my Muscial Fidelity A3.2 integrated amp. I honestly can't tell the difference between the two. I'm very happy. I wanted something that sounded as good if not better. I think that the Rotels will be here for a long time :B I think that they might even have a slight advantage over the Musical Fidelity!!

Comment

• Iggurk
                      • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Nuthed
                      Iggurk , what do you believe the granite does? As far as those isolating products you mention, those as for that last nth degree of performance.
                      That's absolutely not for the nth degree of performance, that's for people that want to get the best of their electronics.

Flyboylr45 ask how he can improve the sound of his system, and I gave him some tips based on my own experience that really improve the sound.

Nuthed, just try, you will be impressed how you can improve your system with just a few settings and small accessories.

Comment

• BassThatHz
                        • Jul 2006

From the pictures you’ve posted I would say you have four major problems:
                        Some you can resolve for free...

1) I agree with your wife, rotate everything by 90 degrees. Right now you have two walls next to your right speaker and only one wall near the left this will cause a slight dis-balance in the sound... a trained pair of ears could probably tell the difference (at least until their brain adjusted to the new sound)

2) Rotating will also partially solve part of number two, your excessive window reflections on your TV screen. To totally solve this one and at least try to reduce the bright sound induced by the glass you will need to buy a dark set of thick curtains that over laps the entire frame by a few inches. Without blocking the sun out you basically just destroy the high-contrast capabilities of the TV.

3) Running fans and motors in an audio/video room is a no-no; it increases the noise floor and therefore kills the dynamic range. It also induces unnecessary electrical noise in your AC circuits. If you must run fans then at least buy the Rotel line-conditioner.

4) Cables management… running loops of power cables and A/V cables close together is another no-no. Power cables and transformers cause massive electro-magnetic fields extending 12inches beyond the wire itself, the more power you draw and the more loops you have the worse it gets. It’s like having a 500watt 60hz electromagnet next to your credit cards. If you can… shorten the speaker wires and run the power cables perpendicular to ALL other cables. Also move the amps and other transformers as far away from everything else, as much as possible.

As stated already, speaker position can make or break a sound system.

Isolating the speakers from solid objects is always a good idea, the reason being is that sound transmits through all objects (tin can/wire principal) the problem is that the denser the material is, the faster the sound propagates through it; this can time smear the air pressures because air isn’t very dense. Materials with high mass will block high frequencies and materials with high strength will block low frequencies. :T

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"