X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sam500
    • Jan 2007

Rotel RA-02: Blown fuse

I stupidly blew a fuse in my RA-02 amp. I've taken off the cover, located the fuse in question and just wanted to make sure that the new fuse I have bought has the right spec.

The RA-02 takes a T4A 250v fuse. I've just picked up a '4A 250v' fuse. How important is the T ?! Will the 4A work okay in this amp?

Any suggestions welcome, thanks.
  • calmac
    • May 2005

Originally posted by sam500
    I stupidly blew a fuse in my RA-02 amp. I've taken off the cover, located the fuse in question and just wanted to make sure that the new fuse I have bought has the right spec.

The RA-02 takes a T4A 250v fuse. I've just picked up a '4A 250v' fuse. How important is the T ?! Will the 4A work okay in this amp?

Any suggestions welcome, thanks.
    The T stands for time delay and is necesary to deal with the 'in-rush' current on switch on.Your fuse should work but may blow prematurely due to the stress of switch on ,that's my understanding anyway.
    Gordon

Comment

• sam500
      • Jan 2007

Thanks for the advice Gordon. I'll try and track down a fuse with the 'T' just to be safe. I'm living in Tokyo at the moment so I'll need to brush up on my language skills!

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"