X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LikeCoiledSteel
    • May 2004

Rotel RB-976

Hi,
    Does anyone have or have used this amp before? I am looking to consilidate my center and surround amps into one. I have a B&W CDMCNT center and B&W CDM1NT's for surrounds. This Rotel can be bridged to 150 x 3.

What are your thoughts? Thanks
    Steel
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

It's highly comparable to the RMB-1066. I wouldn't recommend it for surround duty, especially in bridged mode. But others have used it with success.

Kevin D.

Comment

• LikeCoiledSteel
      • May 2004

Originally posted by Kevin D
      It's highly comparable to the RMB-1066. I wouldn't recommend it for surround duty, especially in bridged mode. But others have used it with success.

Kevin D.
      Hi Kevin,
      Thanks for your input. Just curious why you do not recommend its use for surrounds or bridged?
      Thanks,
      Steel

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

In bridged mode you get a lot higher distortion levels then in non-bridged mode. In regular mode the 60watts are not going to be enough for your CDM1's.

Kevin D.

Comment

• LikeCoiledSteel
          • May 2004

Originally posted by Kevin D
          In bridged mode you get a lot higher distortion levels then in non-bridged mode. In regular mode the 60watts are not going to be enough for your CDM1's.

Kevin D.
          Hi Kevin,
          Thanks, that makes sense. I will try to find an amp that I do not have to bridge. I am running an Adcom 535, 60w x 2 on the 1NT's with no problem at all. The 535 is a very underated amp though. Thanks
          Steel

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"