X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • flyboylr45
    • Jan 2007

What's going to be the change...

I am going to buy an rmb-1075 with an rsp-1068 next week. I hear about new processors and how people are waiting untill they come out. I want to know what will change. If the only change is going to be the HDMI, and not a change in surround mode (DD, DTS or something new) then I will buy it. Or will a new chip and processor be available. The rsp-1068 will be replacing and old onkyo txsr700 receiver (5 years old). Should I buy the combo or wait for the new processors and buy the rmb-1095 and run it with the onkyo. My dvd connections are direct to the plasma tv. Thanks.

The amplifier will be running Monitor Audio S6, S2, and SFX. Thanks.
  • Nick M
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

Many people are waiting for HDMI 1.3 and decoding of the HD multi-channel audio formats that are found on Blu-Ray/HD-DVD.

Unfortunately, Rotel doesn't seem to have any plans for these new audio formats which are to become the standard as HD-DVD/Blu-Ray phase in over the next few years.
    ~Nick

Comment

• flyboylr45
      • Jan 2007

So it would be pretty safe to buy the 1068? Even if the new formats do come out, will I still be able to use them with the 1068? Would I still be able to connect them (blue ray or hd dvd) through the digital inputs in the 1068. I don't mind having more cables in the back.

Comment

• Nick M
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Nov 2004

You won't be able to process the new lossless audio formats Dolby True-HD or DTS-HD. These will become the standard soon as I mentioned above.

I'm advising friends/family to hold off on pre/pro & receiver purchases. Sherwood Newcastle is developing some products that will have HDMI 1.3 and processing for the new lossless HD audio formats. We'll see 'em out later this year.
        ~Nick

Comment

• Nolan B
          Super Senior Member
          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by flyboylr45
          So it would be pretty safe to buy the 1068? Even if the new formats do come out, will I still be able to use them with the 1068? Would I still be able to connect them (blue ray or hd dvd) through the digital inputs in the 1068. I don't mind having more cables in the back.
          I wouldnt wait for a new processor from rotel. Go for the 1068. You can still use the analog outputs from the HD DVD or BD player to enjoy the new sound formats. If you dont mind cables...buy an analog switcher and you can have both a HD DVD player and BD player hooked to your 1068 and enjoy the new sound formats....that would be a lot of cable thou...tons.

Comment

• scanido
            • Apr 2006

I'm tired of waiting as well. I was hoping Rotel would announce new processors at CES. I think i may just get an RXS-1056 to hold me off!

Comment

• thyname
              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by scanido
              I'm tired of waiting as well. I was hoping Rotel would announce new processors at CES. I think i may just get an RXS-1056 to hold me off!
              Do you mean RSX-1057?

Comment

• tagman
                • Jan 2007

I am having a new 1068, 1080amp, and 1075 amp installed in a home theatre tomorrow

Comment

• tagman
                  • Jan 2007

I also feel it's not worth worrying about the new hdmi format. I will enjoy this processor for a couple of years, and wait and see if these new formats really take off. Besides I am more than happy with the regular dvd on my hd television. When the time comes i will just upgrade the processor.

This is an excellent sounding unit with music or movies. Buy it, enjoy it for awhile, and don't worry about playing catch up with all the latest
                  technology

Tommy

Comment

• scanido
                    • Apr 2006

Originally posted by thyname
                    Do you mean RSX-1057?
                    Since i don't need the HDMI I was looking for an RSX-1056.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    😂
                    🥰
                    😘
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😞
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"