X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gymguymass
    • May 2004

RC1070 - No volume with remote

Had a weird thing happen last night with my RC1070 preamp. Last night, and for the 2nd time, my remote not able to control the volume of my preamp. All other functions my remote handles on the preamp, including mute, were working. Since it happened before, about 9 months ago, I figured I just needed to a reset, by simply unplugging my preamp. Did it once for a bout a minute, with no success. Did it again, this time for about 30 minutes, with no success. At this time I am thinking my preamp needs service. I wake up this morning and test it, and everything functions fine - my remote handles the volume up/down function.

Have any of the other owners of this unit encountered this issue, or even heard about it before? Should I be concerned? The preamp will be 3 years old in May.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

If any buttons were to mess up on a remote, I would expect the volume one's to go first. I would suggest getting a cheap Sony learning remote (there's a good $25 one at most stores) and learn the volume commands into it. The next time it quits responding see if the learning remote works.

Kevin D.

Comment

• gymguymass
      • May 2004

That's what I was thinking as well. But, I have a camera on my cell phone and I used that see if my remote was emitting the ir signal. I simply pointed the remote at the camera lens and pressed the volume up/down buttons, and I was able to see the remote "blink". Other buttons had the same result. All seems to be good now.

Comment

• peterS
        Super Senior Member
        • Dec 2005

mine hasnt done that but periodicaly doesnt switch when i switch inputs manualy

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"