X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pvabeach
    • Jul 2002

RSP1066 Problem

Hello, just got and set-up Rotel RSP1066 & 1095 amp along with current 980 amp.
    I am trying to use the 1066 12v trigger to power on and off 1095.
    It does not work unless completely power off 1066 at front panel.
    Manuel says 12v trigger works with 'standby' mode and you ought to be able to control amps using remote contol by putting 1066 in and out of standby. I hooked up a volt meter to 12v trigger out from 1066. It shows 12v constant, even when putting unit in standby mode. Has anyone else had this problem????
    Not much point in 12v trigger if you have to get up and go to rack to use 'remote' triggering. Thanks, Paul
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Under the setup how have you told the rotel to act during a power off? There should be several settings that might help fix the problem you are having....I couldn't get mine working either but thought it was a problem with the voltage differences between the Rotel and my HK amps...maybe i have the same problem you do...I'll check and report back.

Comment

• pvabeach
      • Jul 2002

Thanks for the response, I have tried all 3 power options, 'always on', direct and standby. None seem to work. hmmmm. Maby this is a generic 'bug' if yours won't work either. Paul

Comment

• Lex
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Apr 2001

Triggers can be a real pain. I have a Parasound amp, I never could get to trigger. But not sure on the volts, it may be a 12 and I am only triggering 5, not sure. Finally gave up, lol.

Goodluck guys.

Lex
        Doug
        "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• JohnSC
          • Jun 2002

I have the 1066 and RMB 1075.

The trigger works fine for me and the 1066 is in standby mode. Have you checked the trigger cable? Maybe it is faulty.

John

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

I just tried to measure the voltage from my triggers but in all cases I get next to no current coming from either trigger. I'm not sure what's going on but it certinaly explains why it wasn't triggering on my HK amps :roll:

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

Paul email Mike Sheenan at Msheehan@equityaudio.com and fill him in on the situation and I'm sue he'll be able to help since he's one of Rotels Tech guys.

I also found out that the triggers are very low current (50 ma) where as some older devices required 200 milliamps to trigger the relays. They choose to lower the output amps though so they don't burn out newer relays etc. This shouldn't be the problem in your case though but thought i'd pass along the info in case it applies to someone else. Its likely the lack of current thats preventing my HK amps from working properly.

Comment

• JKohn
                • Jun 2002

I'm using the trigger with my Panamax 5100 to turn my amp on and off, and it seems to work fine when putting the 1066 into standby mode. If the setup menu options don't help I'd definitely recommend contacting Rotel.

Jeff Kohn
                Jeff Kohn
                http://home.houston.rr.com/jeffkohn

Comment

• pvabeach
                  • Jul 2002

The answer---trigger does not funtion as long as zone 2 is on!!

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2000

interesting...

Comment

• JohnSC
                      • Jun 2002

Interesting is an understatement!! Does this mean that the trigger is controlled via software?

My devious upgrade mind is now off again......... perhaps there is an upgrade where you can conditionally switch the trigger based on the format ie. for music only trigger the music amp (trigger 1) and for HT trigger all amps (trigger 1 and 2). Given the 1066 has 2 triggered outputs maybe this is possible :?:

Incidently, I will see if I can reproduce this on mine.

John

Comment

• JohnSC
                        • Jun 2002

Ok, I just tested it and this also occurs on mine. The trigger only works if Zone 2 is off. It is important to note that the 1066 does not power off completely when Zone 2 is on. I would suggest this is to enable the Zone 2 to continue to be active. This would explain why the trigger does not operate as per normal.

J.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Aug 2000

well I guess that makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"