X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjrivera
    • Jun 2005

Change faceplates on an RB-1092?

Just got a great deal on a RB-1092, but it came in black and my other Rotel gear is silver.

How much would it cost to get a silver replacement faceplate and how difficult would it be to take off the black one and replace it with a silver one?

Thanks.
  • jim777
    • Mar 2005

And the power button? Do you want it black too?

Comment

• cjrivera
      • Jun 2005

Depends how difficult it would be to change the button. But I could live with a black button if that would be a tough change (and I'm guessing it sould be). I can live with the black face for that matter, but if it's an easy fix then it woud be worth it to match the rest of my stuff.

Comment

• cjrivera
        • Jun 2005

anybody?

Comment

• sirbogey
          • Mar 2006

Never tried that one before. I'd suggest to get hands on a broken unit first and try it out yourself... ebay maybe?

Comment

• sirbogey
            • Mar 2006

did you see this thread? http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthread.php4?t=23931

Comment

• Wardo
              • May 2006

i had a black rb 1090 before there was silver. when the silver came out i wanted to change my faceplate to the new color. i called rotel and i was told that rotel will only sell you the faceplate that was issued with the serial number on the unit, they will not allow you to change the original color.
              that's good for rotel but bad for the tweakers.

Eddie

Comment

• cjrivera
                • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Wardo
                i had a black rb 1090 before there was silver. when the silver came out i wanted to change my faceplate to the new color. i called rotel and i was told that rotel will only sell you the faceplate that was issued with the serial number on the unit, they will not allow you to change the original color.
                that's good for rotel but bad for the tweakers.

Eddie
                I guess that answers that.

Thanks for the info.

Comment

• Club1820
                  • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Wardo
                  i was told that rotel will only sell you the faceplate that was issued with the serial number on the unit, they will not allow you to change the original color.
                  Eddie
                  Well then, couldnt you get someone with a silver one to order a replacement faceplate for you?
                  Rotel 1068, Rotel 1060, Rotel 1055, Rotel 1095, Rotel 956, Rotel RLC-1040, M&K VX-860 Sub, Whatmough M30s, Squeezebox 3

Comment

• cjrivera
                    • Jun 2005

ok, now you got me curious again (but it might be a lot of hassle for nothing)....

does anyone know how much a silver faceplate would cost and how hard/easy it is to install?

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    😂
                    🥰
                    😘
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😞
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"