X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nvdeynde
    • Jun 2004

RDV-1060: Flickering/double subtiles with DTS audio

Hi,

My Rotel RDV-1060 DVD player has a subtile problem with DVD discs when I select the DTS audio Track and turn subtitles.

8 ot of 10 discs have this problem: it are the movies that use small font subtiles like most of the wide-screen 16:9 one's.

The subtitles flicker heavily and are shown sort of double.
    Well you will see immediately there's something wrong.

Anyone else with the same problem ?
    My DVD has software version 2.11.

Nico
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Any particular studio or type of disc? Also what subtitle language?

Kevin D.

Comment

• sirbogey
      • Mar 2006

nvdeynde, I had a similar problem with subtitles, I couldn't turn them off on some of the DVDs. But this problem disappeared after Rotel exchanged the loading tray and upgraded the software. They also meant that my settings were wrong, which surprised me the most. I'd check your settings first... Wasn't there a hidden menu in the RDV1060? (maybe that was my oppo player)...

Comment

• nvdeynde
        • Jun 2004

Hi,

It's with all languages of subtiles but the weird thing: Only on the DTS audio track, when switching to AC3 flickering is gone.

A few example of DTS movies: Kill Bill 1 and 2, Chaos, Out of Reach, Nine Lives, My Life without me, Where the truth lies.

All the DVD's play perfect on my Pioneer and Denon DVD player so it's definately a Rotel issue, not a disc one.

Nico

Comment

• Kevin D
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Oct 2002

I know they had a 2.1.2 software, and probably even a later version. I would start contacting Rotel to see about an upgrade and then see if you still have the problem.

Kevin D.

Comment

• nvdeynde
            • Jun 2004

Hi,

What's the latest European software version for the RDV-1060, is it 2.12 or is there a newer version ?

I know there's a Dutch version 4.11 but that's about the worst software I have ever seen: then you loose almost all functionality...

I had that one, never again, in that case I rather keep the dizzy subtitles on DTS tracks eventhough a cheap DVD player of 50 US$ doens't have a problem like this.

Subtiles here in Europe are basic functionality for every DVD player since the first DVD player was introduced.

In that point of view I'm very disppointed in Rotel's quality.

I have a brand new RMB-1095 with buzzing internal transformers from time to time as well. I get depressed from all this :cry: :cry:

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"