X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • j_nathalia
    • Dec 2006

Upgrade RSP-1066

The RSP-1066 does not support DTS 96/24. This is due to an older Cirrus chip inside. I was wondering if somebody has tried to upgrade this pre-amp by installing the latest Cirrus chip to get DTS 96/24 out of it.

I have read that this chip costs around 10$ so a try would be worth...
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

I'm not going to say it's impossible, but I will say this: If you could do this yourself you would have built your own pre/pro by now and if you find someone who can do it, it's going to be a whole lot cheaper to buy a 1068.

The whole processor is built around the DSP chip and that's why they had to come out with the 1068.

Kevin D.

Comment

• wkhanna
      Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

The used market price on the RSP-1066 is still $700 - $850. And they sell fairly quickly at that price.

I would suggest putting your 1066 on Agon, to help subsidize the purchase of a 1068. And if you were willing to buy a used one, this would be a very economical upgrade.
      JMHO
      _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
      ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"